Woolly Thank Yous

(154 Posts)
purplepidjin Wed 31-Aug-11 20:31:56

A little thread so I can acknowledge people who have sent squares for the Blankets (Magic8ball, Whatevertheweather and Cheeseandgherkins) and also so that folk know their kindness has arrived safely!

JemimaMuddledUp [star]

Vajazzler (donor) and Rubycon (crafter) [star] [star]

CalRabbit [star]

Soupdragon [star]

Initals MB who did tell me her squares were on their way but I've forgotten the username blush possibly 100years who I know is working to a tight deadline [star]

I have 24 squares already shock which is a 3'x2' blanket all on it's own!

skinnymuffin Tue 18-Oct-11 13:04:21

Right, I have done two squares of plain knit, they both weigh 16g. I have just weighed the wool I have left and guess what?...16g!! So, I'm going in for a third, ladies, wish me luck! grin

KnottyLocks Thu 06-Oct-11 23:05:37

FontS, I'll Pm you smile

FontSnob Wed 05-Oct-11 22:20:18

Hello, did grownupnow's squares arrive? I can't wait to see the finished blanket, wish I didn't have 2 left thumbs. grin

KnottyLocks Mon 03-Oct-11 10:56:20

If any of you contributed to the blanket for Blondes, her thabk you thread is here

KnottyLocks Sat 01-Oct-11 06:36:02

There's a thread here to make woolly garlands for Cupoftea's girls.

KnottyLocks Fri 30-Sep-11 14:02:43

Parcels here from:

DaisySteiner [star]

Meow [star]

KnottyLocks Thu 29-Sep-11 18:53:47

LittleFish, try PMing Pidj, you might get a quicker response. smile

Littlefish Thu 29-Sep-11 18:30:41

Purple pidgin - I've had a quick look but can't see my name on this thread. Did you receive the 4 squares I sent about 2 weeks ago. There were 2 pink ones and 2 others <can't remember the colour>!!!!!

They all had a moss stitch border. One on each colour was a moss stitch/stocking stitch stripe. The other two had a moss stitch border and the either 1 or 3 crocheted flowers sewn on them.

KnottyLocks Thu 29-Sep-11 18:16:27

Pinot, if you were anywhere near me, you could pop around for a spot of hooking grin

Pinot Thu 29-Sep-11 16:40:00

Cheers Knotty my love

KnottyLocks Thu 29-Sep-11 16:32:40

Pinot, the world's yer lobster. Have a look to see if there are any crochet courses or 'Stitch and Bitch' evenings in your local area. It is easier if someone can show you where you are going right and wrong.

Oooooooooo, what can you make apart from blankets and toilet dollies? Hats, scarves, gloves, belts, clothing, necklaces, rings, bracelets, flowers, birds, toys, bags... and loads more. Just google crochet images and you'll get a better idea.
Also if you have a look on Etsy, there are some wonderful examples of what can be made.

KnottyLocks Thu 29-Sep-11 16:26:06

Olivia, don't you start that wibbling woman! Have a go smile
Like Soupy, I also taught myself to crochet this year and here I am putting together blankets.
We've had people learn to knit especially to be a part of these projects.

Reach for the [stars]

grin

SoupDragon Thu 29-Sep-11 10:07:35

Yes that's the one... and that's a page from after you've learnt all the basic stitches smile

Pinot Thu 29-Sep-11 09:41:15

<joins in Olivias hijack>

I'd love to learn too - what sort of things can you crochet? blush All I remember as a child is my Nans doilies and stuff - I assume it's more razzle-dazzle than that now? I love crafts and am trying to learn new stuff...if anyone can help?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-11 09:39:14

Soupy, do you mean this one? 
here
Looks quite complicated???
Or is that a pic from later in the book??
<wibble>
<hijack over>

SoupDragon Thu 29-Sep-11 08:04:01

Olivia, I taught myself in July from a book called "crochet unravelled" and haven't looked back. And I was a failed knitter as a child, much to my grandmother's disappointment.

KnottyLocks Wed 28-Sep-11 22:59:28

Olivia, Pidj and I may well be visiting in the near future. We'll bring our hooks grin

Meanwhile, I've had a loooooong day at work and am working again tomorrow so will update Tomorrow night.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Sep-11 21:39:08

Hello
I cant but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn.
Any clever MN crafters near me? Herts/Essex??

greenzebra Wed 28-Sep-11 10:33:38

I been looking through the threads of your knitters and crochet circle, it great work you are doing, can I request that pictures of the blankets be put up also would love to see what they look like after they are done.

I am a crocheter my mum taught me, Im not as good as some on here but would be happy to help in future projects.

Maybe also the knitter crocheter group should be given a name like Super Wooleys. Or something to that effect.

crazynanna Mon 26-Sep-11 23:40:53

get's? takes now I am blush

crazynanna Mon 26-Sep-11 23:39:48

Yes,Knotty. Sorry Olivia grin
It's ok. It's new. It get's some getting used too.

KnottyLocks Mon 26-Sep-11 23:36:01

Nanna, behave yerself grin

Olivia, can you knit or crochet? grin

crazynanna Mon 26-Sep-11 23:30:21

<sniggers>

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Sep-11 23:29:41

blush

KnottyLocks Mon 26-Sep-11 23:27:58

thanks Olivia grin

[star] wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now