Why was the What women want thread pulled?

(21 Posts)

Tbf I think the thread had already died a death, I was just very confused as to why it had been deleted and equally confused by (the obvious I see now) acronym PBP. I'd probably not worry about it

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Mar-13 20:40:18

HairyHandedTrucker

I was just going through FWR on my phone and found the thread! Confused as to why it was still on there as it's deleted and not on my TIO anymore. But mumsnet is slightly buggy on my mobile. This thread (started by annie) was several days ago anyway not last night so maybe there were two with the same name? I can imagine "what women want" is prime troll territory.

<I really don't have screen shots of every thread "just in case">

Oh lord. Huge apols if I've messed up. It's been a long week <necks gin>

We'll see if we can retrieve the thread and have a look. It won't be tonight though, I'm afraid...

I was just going through FWR on my phone and found the thread! Confused as to why it was still on there as it's deleted and not on my TIO anymore. But mumsnet is slightly buggy on my mobile. This thread (started by annie) was several days ago anyway not last night so maybe there were two with the same name? I can imagine "what women want" is prime troll territory.

<I really don't have screen shots of every thread "just in case">

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Mar-13 20:31:13

HairyHandedTrucker

I know why we all thought it was annie! Check my photos

How odd. <worried now>

We had a troll/PBP called budgetio - and two other names in quick succession last night - who kept starting threads in FWR.

We can see he's posted on the What Women Want thread - but now that it's gone, we can see if he was the OP or not.

If he wasn't, I'm hugely embarrassed and a bit shuffly with shame. (As well as huffy wink)

I know why we all thought it was annie! Check my photos

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Mar-13 20:07:39

HairyHandedTrucker

strange we all thought it was Annie though? I definitely replied to an Annie, but maybe it was a similar name. slightly huffy email from mnhq though.

Huffy?

Certainly wasn't meant huffily, HHT. We were apologising for being too cryptic in our deletion message.

<goes off to work on email manner>

strange we all thought it was Annie though? I definitely replied to an Annie, but maybe it was a similar name. slightly huffy email from mnhq though.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Mar-13 19:33:24

Evening. No it wasn't Annie who started that thread. It was a Previously Banned Poster.

Geddit?

previously banned poster. duh blush

what does pbp mean anyway

I'm sure it was her, wish we could tag posts.

TotallyBursar Thu 21-Mar-13 14:18:03

The thread that was zapped due to pbp wasn't started by Annie I'm sure - it was started by a name beginning with p - not being coy, just can't remember it.
I didn't think the thread was particularly off but if you're banned then thems the rules I guess.

Anyfucker replied last. It's on my tio.
Might be getting wires crossed but that's the only one I remember from that night being deleted for that reason. <dither>
Hopefully Annie will clear this up, it's bugging me now & I'm sure there's no way MNHQ would delete a post of hers for that reason.
Hmmm.

no, it was Annie! that's why I was confused

AbigailAdams Thu 21-Mar-13 12:15:42

Oh I might well be wrong on Annie having started it! It has been known wink.

Me too. I guess they may make mistakes given they're working so fast atm? Or maybe it wasn't Annie who started it?

I thought so too...

kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 10:39:19

Seemed a perfectly legitimate thread.

AbigailAdams Thu 21-Mar-13 10:31:42

Was that the van advert one? Wasn't that started by AnnieLobseder? confused

TotallyBursar Thu 21-Mar-13 06:12:29

It was started by a previously banned poster. MNHQ left a, v quick!, note for us on the thread then zapped it.

I wondered about that one - it seemed interesting to me, but I can't remember who the OP was - maybe dodgy? confused

I think they're being really cautious atm because of all the trolls.

Just noticed because I haven't been on the computer just on my phone and I couldn't see the deleted notice. Deleted due to PBP patrol? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now