Is there a thread on the SWP rape investigation?

(31 Posts)
SaraBellumHertz Sun 03-Feb-13 09:40:38

Just that.

I have just read it elsewhere (sadly a DM) link and was horrified. The poor woman.

FloraRed Wed 27-Feb-13 22:30:32

I finally left them a couple of years ago when this story started to surface. A bunch of 60 year old men telling me "I had the facts wrong". They did their best to sit on it and shut everyone up, but it's come back to haunt them now big time. Factions and counter factions, all pretty much unheard of in SWP history.

JuliaScurr Wed 13-Mar-13 14:13:12

18 women on here (inc me) who will never go near the fuckers again
18 politically astute women.

Happy now, Central Committee?
Purged those pesky bourgeois feminists enough for you?
Idiots.

Meanwhile, in another part of the forest...

www.facebook.com/#!/groups/337000436371091/

there is stuff on there about other incidents and attempts to deal with this whole crock of shit

grimbletart Wed 13-Mar-13 16:40:19

Not a lightbulb moment seeing the attitude of SWP males. You only have to read Doris Lessing's autobiography to see how misogyny is inbuilt in many left wing males. Probably due to their arrogant belief they they are somehow morally superior to the wishy washy lesser breeds that inhabit the centre ground. Life is just so simple to them. Issues so black and white and women are there to service their fantasies (and male the tea). Bit like a 1950s village cricket club really.

JCGM Wed 13-Mar-13 17:43:03

The proceedings of the disputes committee were (quite rightly) confidential. Since then, people who are opposed to the SWP have been spreading all sorts of rumours, especially in The Guardian and the Daily Mail. It's nearly all lies, of course. But we're used to that from the press.

JuliaScurr Wed 13-Mar-13 18:25:07

JCGM
it's the way you tell 'em!
Oh, my sides!

These 'people opposed' seem disproportionately to actually be members. Now ex-members.

FloraRed Thu 14-Mar-13 21:18:32

Go away please and stop trying to defend the indefensible. Plenty of people knew about these allegations, and also about the separate one against the Sheffield Organiser of the SWP. When they tried to raise it they were shouted down and called "gossips".

I used to hope my kids would become active in politics when they grew up, but I'll be steering them well away from the SWP that's for sure.

And you don't need the right wing press to destroy you, you're doing a fine job all by yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now