2012: The year in sexism

(10 Posts)
runningforthebusinheels Mon 31-Dec-12 15:13:49

The hate campaign against Anita Sarkeesian was shameful, nobody should be subjected to sort of harassment she was. She was threatened with violence and rape.

That 'game' is a disgrace Frans, and shame on you for linking to it.

grimbletart Mon 31-Dec-12 14:50:09

Care to comment on the examples for January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November, December Frans?

Frans1980 Sun 30-Dec-12 23:20:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

jammic Sun 30-Dec-12 23:05:33

Every month, something equally atrocious... I'm speechless

What about the nastiness towards Kristen Stewart about her affair with her director (the older, married man) whereas te press let him off scot free...

Sunnywithshowers Sun 30-Dec-12 21:41:40

I posted this link on FB. My F's wife (we have a strained relationship) posted: 'Down with fiminism [sic] it is wrong and distructive [sic]'

I pointed out (nicely) in my reply that it's because of feminism women can divorce husbands (among other things). Which she did after she met my dad...

Sunnywithshowers Sun 30-Dec-12 19:59:29

Thanks for this, it's dismal. sad

AuntLucyInTheNorthPole Sun 30-Dec-12 16:21:32

Lots of low points - but a a teensy bit reassuring that mainstream media (albeit an somewhat intellectual one) finds the sexism in itself noteworthy. Well done NSM grin

quoteunquote Sun 30-Dec-12 16:06:59

Shameful.

Stanislav Sun 30-Dec-12 13:47:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now