The 'LADBible'

(8 Posts)
MsGoldblum Fri 16-Nov-12 18:57:20

As I was browsing on Facebook today, I came across a page called LADBible which some of my friends had 'liked'. When I clicked on it and had a look, there was a picture of a woman with a distinctive tattoo on her back and the caption below read, 'would this tattoo stop you from smashing this wench?' shock

Obviously I was quite angered by this post and (probably wrongly) posted a status update of my own, with the aim of highlighting the horrible attitudes and opinions of the page.

Unfortunately, I was called 'sad and pathetic' for thinking that women shouldn't be referred to as 'wenches' to be 'smashed'.

I guess this post doesn't really have a point - and I know some will say that Facebook itself is the work of the devil - but I wanted to post here to get it off my chest. sad

MsGoldblum Fri 16-Nov-12 19:02:54

Wow, most uses of the word 'post' in one place ever? blush

HalloweenNameChange Fri 16-Nov-12 19:42:49

ewwwwww You are clearly sad and pathetic for being disgusted by the use of "smash" against a woman... That's horrible. Although I am quite partial to the word wench myself, in a nicer context though.

Smashing is disgusting though

FastidiaBlueberry Fri 16-Nov-12 20:23:39

De-friend those friends.

They're sexist shits.

Yes, it's a horrible page. I don't think that this type of language was normal in relation to young women even 10 years ago. Where has it come from? I think The Inbetweeners might have something to answer for here.

garlicbaguette Thu 22-Nov-12 00:45:52

I just visited its website. I need to bleach my eyes.

Darkesteyes Thu 22-Nov-12 01:40:08

I think Keith Lemon has something to answer for too.

MsGoldblum Thu 22-Nov-12 15:22:12

Sorry to leave you all unanswered, I thought this thread had gone kapuffft.

I've de-friended those who seem to find misogyny so amusing (one person said that actually it wasn't sexist to call women wenches, he just liked to feel like a pirate... hmm). It makes me so sad and cross that lots of people see nothing wrong with this kind of language and behaviour. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now