What, exactly, constitutes a 'nice' sauvignon blanc?

(9 Posts)

If you want to be really really safe, try NZ but a lovely lovely option is california (Napa Valley), or closer to home, you can't beat a good Sancerre. M&S usually have a lovely range.

RnB Tue 24-Apr-12 13:33:53

I agree, go for a New Zealand Malborough - around £10

suburbandream Tue 24-Apr-12 13:32:53

Well to me, "nice" would mean something a bit more expensive than the usual £5 a bottle from the supermarket! If you go to Oddbins they love showing off their knowledge, tell them how much you want to spend and they will help you choose something good.

Lio Tue 24-Apr-12 13:29:15

I like Oyster Bay, also NZ.

ManMinder Tue 24-Apr-12 13:26:13

At the risk of sounding flippant, one you enjoy drinking! grin

Depends if she prefers sweeter wine, or not. If sweeter 'Ned's is a good one, if not maybe Fairleigh or Nautilus 2010. smile

I agree. I particularly like Villa Maria at the moment. About £10 a bottle but it can be on special in the supermarket.

MistressofPemberley Sat 17-Dec-11 10:19:28

One from the Marlborough region in New Zealand is always a good bet.

fenellaf Sun 13-Nov-11 19:40:59

Every year I buy my sister in law M&S vouchers, mainly because I have no idea what else to get her! This year, she has asked of a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc, (if that's how you spell it!).
The thing is, I'm not a wine drinker, so have no idea what brand to get? Any ideas?

Thanks
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now