Unhappy about my wedding photographer

(12 Posts)
Mummytotwox Fri 15-Nov-13 23:23:20

Hello all, I need some advice.

I got married in July, when looking for a photographer I wanted something different, someone creative. So we splashed out 1k on this guy :

[edited by MNHQ]

I fell in love with him. He knew what we wanted and we was so on the same brain wave. After booking and paying and a few days before the wedding we had a meeting to decide what we wanted. He said about using brick walls ect for the more urban type which I loved. We was super excited.

Wedding day came, and with everything going on, I wasn't worried wbout him. He toke us to a grassy area and toke about 4 different poses which are lovely. Only thing is in the evening he said he will out his camera in the car and come back for a drink, we brought him one and he didn't turn up. He left without saying bye.

Anyway the contract also states we will get a blog on his website.

After the wedding we got the photos back, and while they was good, I'm really upset about them. I don't feel like he put any effort into them, there just "normal" pictures. Something we could of got for quarter the price. Also he has never put them in his blog.

When we went to pick our photos up, he made this big lie that one of the photos of my husband he toke he's going to use at his nec stand. Hubby was super excited. Pbotographee promised to send us the print out free after...
Well I had friend that went to his show, and his print wasnt up.

I feel like this is something playing on my mind, I feel quiet hurt and really disappointed. I wanted something I could put on my wall like artwork, and I haven't got a single photo I could do it with.

So wwyd?

saintmerryweather Fri 15-Nov-13 23:34:33

personally i would hire another photographer and trash my dress to get an 'arty' print to hang on my wall

minibmw2010 Sat 16-Nov-13 20:19:06

It's such a shame you don't like the pictures but I have to admit £1k for a wedding photographer would have worried me, that's a pretty low value for a wedding photographer. From memory ours was about £2k once we bought the album and he wasn't anything special. Is there anything 'wrong' airhead them or they just don't have the wow you were hoping for?

minibmw2010 Sat 16-Nov-13 20:23:37

Sorry, I've just realised that read quite rude, I didn't mean to be I promise. Obviously £1k is not to be sniffed at but wedding photographers are so expensive. Sorry again you don't like the pictures.

Pampiniformplexus Sat 16-Nov-13 20:26:44

I hated my wedding pictures. Photographer did not deliver what she promised, 10 years and 2 kids later it still pisses me off. I put them in a cupboard and never looked at them again but wished I'd said seething even though it is definitely a first world problem.

Mummytotwox Sat 16-Nov-13 20:33:13

Ermm don't know where your from but 1345k around here is like double what you normally pay.

ALittleBitOfMagic Sat 16-Nov-13 20:35:23

I also think 1k is very cheap for a wedding photographer . Ours was around 1800 and he was rubbish !! I hate my wedding pictures he didn't do AT ALL what I asked for . I asked for mostly candids . There are a few candids but not one is of me . The rest are all posed . I picked one of the nicer ones got it blown up and framed for my wall , and my album never sees the light of day sad

MikeLitoris Sat 16-Nov-13 20:54:52

Clicked on that link and it has crashed my browser.

Wrt the photographer I would complain. Loudly.

Bunks621 Tue 29-Apr-14 17:05:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Atbeckandcall Tue 29-Apr-14 20:02:34

Blimey, I daren't say how much mine cost then Mummy! Is there anything that wasn't delivered that he was contractually obliged to? What was actually included in the price? Did you get albums etc?

rabbitrisen Tue 29-Apr-14 20:10:28

This is a zombie thread.

Atbeckandcall Tue 29-Apr-14 20:20:33

Oops blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now