Upset the wrong kind of people...

(7 Posts)
Sausagewaffle Fri 01-Nov-13 20:27:59

We owed a family some money, and my OH told them we could give them their money within a certain time frame. When we just couldn't.
We have been pestered for this money - which I fully understand.
But it is money they never would have had, otherwise.

I do feel bad - if I was in their position, I would feel the same way.
But, I have to say - I would be understandable of circumstances. Which have been explained to them.

My whole point here is, this is nothing to do with ME.
It is more so regarding my OH. But I was the one being pestered, on a pretty much daily basis. I am the one seeing cryptic facebook status's about me. I have seen messages about violence.

But like I said - this has nothing to do with me. It may be my OH, but why am I the one getting it in the neck!
Because of the pestering, my OH has been awkward to say the least. But, again, he hasn't taken into account that I am the messenger, and so I am the one who is getting the backlash.

I don't know what to do! I am an anxious mess over the situation. I come from a quiet family - where as these are rough and ready to say the least.

We have paid it all now - but I still see the angry messages. I don't know what to do, or how to handle it if things do go tits up.

Any advice on what I should/could do.
I know in the future to never, ever buy anything else unless we have the money up front.

gigglestar Fri 01-Nov-13 21:20:11

i'd put a very blatant and direct message on fb to them...reiterating that a) their "deal" was with OH not you
b) it has all been paid back
c) that you are now blocking them from your fb because you don't want to read their sly remarks

And then i would block them. I'd also tell OH to never ask them for money ever again.

gigglestar Fri 01-Nov-13 21:21:25

oh....and i would then report their fb accounts to fb - choose whatever reason you like!

Sausagewaffle Fri 01-Nov-13 21:28:02

The only problem there is - I feel if I done that, then they would be more annoyed.
Especially considering there are circumstances in where we will HAVE to see them again.

I might have to do option A though in the very near future. I just worry that that will annoy them too, and then it's still all on my toes. hmm

gigglestar Fri 01-Nov-13 21:57:50

they sound the type who would be annoyed with you no matter what you did, some people are just like that. you could always ignore their fb posts by choosing to take them off your news feed. Click on the "friend" button and unclick the "show in newsfeed" bit - then click the "restricted" option. that means you won't get their fb updates on your page and they will only be able to see your public posts and nothing else. if they ever ask why you can either then tell them the truth or fob them off with "must be a fb glitch" grin

Sausagewaffle Fri 01-Nov-13 22:01:41

very good thinking smile i never thought of that - or even knew you could do that!

Thank you for your help smile x

gigglestar Fri 01-Nov-13 22:54:16

you're welcome..happy to help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now