Feel like screaming at my screamer...

(5 Posts)
Nuttycoops Thu 05-Sep-13 18:57:40

Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply. Guess I just need to toughen up a little and not worry so much what other people are thinking and just be sound in the knowledge that I'm trying me best for my boys.

Thanks again.

lorisparkle Tue 03-Sep-13 22:29:31

Oh yes, out and about is always much more of a challenge. I am much more immune to other people's looks after having three quite lively boys! DS3 screaming was also more at home than out and about. Consistency is the key though so if possible do something similar. However often trying to pre-empt and prevent situations where he screams can help and distract if possible. Food is often useful to distract!

Nuttycoops Tue 03-Sep-13 15:23:05

Thanks Lorisparkle, great advice. I'll give it a go. Did you do something similar when you were out and about too? It can be so embarrassing can't it...when you feel everyone is looking at the naughty child whose mother is simply ignoring them or has no control.

lorisparkle Tue 03-Sep-13 12:30:53

My ds3 was such a screamer. I treat it a bit like biting. If he screamed I would pick him up, say we do not scream then put him in the entrance hall and walk back to his toys and play with them. I would not expect him to stay in the quiet area and when he came back I would play with him and later praise him for using a nice quiet voice. He screamed a bit to begin with but soon worked out that not screaming is so much more fun.

Nuttycoops Tue 03-Sep-13 11:06:29

Morning all,
A little advice needed please. I suffer with PND and have just discovered that my 21 month old son's latest craze of screaming for no reason, is massive trigger! I guess he's just experimenting with his voice and that it's just a phase that will pass but it goes straight through me and I just want to scream right back at him (and I'm desperately trying not to). I've tried explaining, reasoning, ignoring, using the indoor/outdoor voice trick and absolutely nothing works. I had to literally walk away this morning as i was blubbing like a baby and didn't want him to see that he'd upset me. So please, help and advice needed before I lose the plot.
Thanks in advance :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now