7yo DD being absolutely foul.

(6 Posts)
LynetteScavo Fri 07-Jun-13 18:13:20

Thank you. I gave DD some Cetrizine, which was prescribed for an allergic reaction she had a while ago, and she seems a much more reasonable person today. smile

Can you buy Cetrizine over the counter?

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 06-Jun-13 22:32:52

DS1 has nasty hayfever and we have been giving him half a cetrizine every morning and night. He is much happier. He is 7 too btw and was really struggling before half term. Also I find the return to school after a holiday is hard work for all of us and DS2 certainly hasn't wanted to go back to his CM. He just wants to stay at home with us, even though we are all out at school and work!

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Jun-13 22:27:38

Would any of you contact the school, and ask if they have any ideas why DD is suddenly being so difficult? Would that me very precious?

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Jun-13 20:54:07

Ewww....yes, heyfever.

I don't suffer at all but DH does, and DD seems to this year. (They are very similar)

Last night she refused to dry her hair after her bath..I told her she would get a cold....she came downstairs saying she couldn't sleep because her nose was running. I did the "I told you so" thing.

I'm feeling guilty now. Will give some antihistamines in the morning. Should I top up at lunchtime?

theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Thu 06-Jun-13 20:44:04

Just an idea but could it be hayfever? My little angel suddenly turned into a monster and I remembered that the same thing happened this time last year ( the same time my eyes started itching and I was sneezing.) DD looks really tired and run down with it but I've been giving her antihistamenes and she's perked up a lot.

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Jun-13 20:32:23

Since she went back to school after half term (we had a lovely half term.)

I've tolerated it all week, thinking she's just tired. But now I've had enough. It starts the moment I collect her from after school club, and goes on until bedtime.

She was trying really hard in school before half term, and seemed to have made some great progress. I wondered if she was still trying hard, which is why she was so tired, but she tells me she "can't be bothered to try hard now". I asked what might make her try hard again, and she said "a certificate". Certificates are very hard to come by with the reward system the school have in place atm, and stickers are non existent.

I know if she were behaving like this in school I would have a phone call pretty damn quick, asking what was going on at home to affect her behaviour.

WWYD?

Do I hope it blows over, she's going through a growth spurt?

Do I formally meet with her teacher and the deputy head? (can't have a quick word with teacher as I work full time, and for reasons I won't go into I will only speak with her with the deputy head present).

Or do I have a quick word with the (non teaching) deputy head over the phone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now