Early pregnancy and chicken pox - would you go to this play date?

(8 Posts)
pizzaqueen Thu 30-May-13 08:38:56

I'm in early stages of pregnancy (6-9 weeks). A friend has invited a group of us with toddlers round to her house on Friday. I would really like to go as we haven't caught up in ages and my DS would love to see his friends. They don't know I'm pg.

BUT one of the other ladies who replied to the message said she's bringing her DS who has chicken pox and the worst of his spots are out at the moment. Will it be ok for me to go? Or would you avoid it just in case?

My DS has had chicken pox already so I'm not worried about that. I also had chicken pox when I was about 8.

I'm not sure if in being over cautious or if I should avoid until all signs of pox are gone?

meditrina Thu 30-May-13 08:41:22

You can get CP twice, but it's rare to do so.

As you've both had it, I see no reason. OT to go.

But if you're going to worry, stay away for your peace of mind.

MummaBubba123 Mon 03-Jun-13 23:09:21

Noooo
Make an excuse

MummaBubba123 Mon 03-Jun-13 23:10:17

Just for peace of mind. Tell the truth at a later date if you choose to

the other woman should not be taking her child to a gathering where people may be pregnant or have a compromised immune system. She is being very irresponsible and a bit selfish. She should stay away rather than you.

Pusspuss1 Wed 05-Jun-13 18:51:08

Best to give it a miss. Even although you've had it, occasionally people lose their immunity.

chubbychipmonk Thu 06-Jun-13 01:23:19

My nephew got chicken pix when I was in late stage of pregnancy & was told by MW when I asked that my immunity as id already had chucken pox will be passed to baby (should it have been born early).

Not sure about early Preg tho as that's when things are developing? Check with your MW?

chubbychipmonk Thu 06-Jun-13 01:24:15

Stupid iphone! Sorry about typing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now