What would you do? Bad Nappies hurt my daughter.

(28 Posts)
itsonlysubterfuge Fri 24-May-13 21:33:54

I tested the new Pamper's Baby Dry nappies and they cut/scratched my daughter. I complained to Pamper's and they only sent me a £6 voucher. I'm a little dissappointed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but for the actual pain my baby went through £6? Also their letters seemed like they were just a standard layout not even personal apologies. My husband is upset, but we aren't really sure what we should do now. What would you do?

ItsTheYoniWay Sat 25-May-13 20:53:29

I stopped using pampers last year. They were fine for a good while then suddenly my toddler kept breaking out in these sores and a horrible rash that wouldn't go away. Changed brand and it went completely. Waited a few weeks then switched to pampers again. Rash came back the same day. Since I stopped using them again he hasn't had it back.

itsonlysubterfuge Sat 25-May-13 20:56:26

My daughter leg is mostly healed, it's still a bit rough where the scab hasn't quite healed.

At first I thought she scratched herself, but they were in identical spots on both her legs and multiple cuts as well.

Now that we've stopped using that pack of Pampers, the cuts have disappered and haven't come back. Also, she's never had them before so I don't think it's about how tight I have put the nappies on.

As I said, I'm not sure what I expected, I was just really upset when I found out the nappies had hurt her. I'm a bit over protective and was very upset that the nappies I was putting on her hurt her. It seems like a standard letter and £6 just didn't feel right. If I had a product that was intended to help babies and harmed a baby I would feel awful and put sincere apologizes in my letter. If I was going to offer them money I would do it as a refund rather than a voucher off my own goods that harmed the child.

Anyway, thank you all for your input I have appreciated it. I'm very sorry to hear about all those poor babies who had chemical reactions to the nappies. I hope that it was just a flawed nappy that caused my baby discomfort and hasn't effected any other babies in a negative way.

ThisWayForCrazy Sun 26-May-13 09:48:01

Their response is pretty standard. I am not a pampers fan, but if you're going to put a paper/plastic made item on your child is it IMO possible to cause some friction.

I guess you need to work out what you want them to do about it. And once you've worked that out respond saying that their initial response isn't good enough and you expect x,y,z.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now