Kitchen door fronts

(7 Posts)

Ours were a very cheap looking laminate and I didn't even sand them down!

rainbowslollipops Sat 27-Apr-13 15:04:30

I'm addicted to painting things! (painted 2 bedside cabinets and a mirror) so if I'm able to paint it then it's a big yes. only thing is does it need to be a specific type of material to be painted or does it work on anything?

We painted ours with a small roller and kitchen cupboard paint and changed the handles and the result was amazing. If you want to save money this might help you too!

musickeepsmesane Sat 27-Apr-13 14:05:13

you can also get doors made to fit.

chickensaladagain Sat 27-Apr-13 13:58:35

Please don't stick laminate over it

It will completely wreck it, all bubbles and cracks

musickeepsmesane Sat 27-Apr-13 13:52:39

Does he mean the sticky backed stuff? It is in B&Q. Could you either cover the doors with very thin ply and paint or paint your doors as they are now?

rainbowslollipops Sat 27-Apr-13 13:49:13

Im re-decorating my kitchen and would like to change the fronts of my cupboards. What i've realised is that because its a dated kitchen its in fact an old b&q kitchen. Obviously times have changed and now i no longer can get a set that fits my kitchen, i'd have to seperately order the cupboards, drawers and larder door to size. My dad suggested maybe laminate the door fronts? Im not sure exactly what its called though or where on earth to find some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now