Pub chain fraudulently used my credit card

(9 Posts)
ImperialBlether Sat 02-Mar-13 18:28:42

You should tell the police and tell your bank. That's completely unacceptable.

ThatBintAgain Sat 02-Mar-13 10:51:28

I'm so annoyed that I've now had to cancel my credit card as well. angry

God yes report to card company as they have no right to keep the details or use them in that way shock

Don't let them fob you off with any crap about waiting either. I'd threaten them with the information commissioner as that was your data that they held on to and used for a purpose other than that which you agreed to it being used for.

ThatBintAgain Sat 02-Mar-13 09:53:04

Thank you, I'm really annoyed and I can't help but think they've tried their luck and hoped I wouldn't notice so that they weren't out of pocket. If my bill hadn't come yesterday I might not have checked it for another month! What's worse is that I have to go back there today which I'm not happy about and certainly won't be using my card.

AuntieMaggie Sat 02-Mar-13 09:52:02

They might know of other complaints about the same place

AuntieMaggie Sat 02-Mar-13 09:50:50

I would report it to the credit card company and talk to them about reporting it to the police...

sooperdooper Sat 02-Mar-13 09:43:41

Oh my god that's awful, they shouldn't even have still had your card details! I would complain to head office and follow up in writing, and also report it to your credit card company

I always find it ridiculous companies can take a payment instantly but not refund within the same timescales!

ThatBintAgain Sat 02-Mar-13 09:43:24

Should also add that when the call came through explaining what had happened I was up to my eyes in work stress and didn't really have time to process what had gone on, but having slept in it, and considering the stress, time out of my day calling credit card people and trying to trace who took the money, and now having to wait for them to return it am now actually really pissed off.

ThatBintAgain Sat 02-Mar-13 09:38:55

I went for a meal with family last week and used a credit card to open a tab. I paid the bill when I left and got the receipt for the amount I paid. This showed up on my credit card bill as expected but what I didn't expect was a transaction three days ago
for over £50. shock

To cut a long story short someone else didn't pay their bill mid week and for some reason they decided to put it through on my card, rather than whoever left their tab open. They have apologised and said they'll pay it back but I now have to wait potentially 10 days to get over £50's worth of my own money back! I don't understand how thy managed I do this on my card in the first place and think that this is really naughty- WWYD? Complain again to head office? Report them to someone else? Trash them on trip advisor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now