WWYD: travel from Bristol to Birmingham tomorrow at 4pm

(7 Posts)
Picturesinthefirelight Thu 17-Jan-13 21:29:21

If its at the NIA which I think Strictly is then its an indoor car park. Its in the city centre rather than out by the airport.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Thu 17-Jan-13 21:23:52

Not looking good then!

Startail Thu 17-Jan-13 18:20:56

"a lot of bad drivers" that is an understatement. We used to stand at the bus stop and count the damaged cars the day the snow thawed.

Snow and Birmingham really don't mix, it's just enough higher than the land to the south that it often gets more than you expect.

The carparks out at the NEC are pretty awful too. I have been to a show there in bad weather and it's very exposed and very cold.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Thu 17-Jan-13 18:09:25

we can take the baby with us - in theory he should sleep & has defenders for his ears? Hmm, Might just have to wait and see what it's like tomorrow. Going tonight would be the best solution but DP might have work tomorrow - he's a teacher.

If you'd been going to stay in the City Centre I'd have said that you could risk it. However, driving to a point outside the City Centre, dropping child, and then driving in and back again is going to be very difficult. The advice from the Met Office is to avoid travel, so if you don't need to then I wouldn't do it.

There's a lot of slight hills, a lot of bad drivers and it only takes one road in Birmingham to be blocked for the whole lot to choke up.

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Thu 17-Jan-13 16:47:37

We are setting off to Bristol tonight, rather than tomorrow afternoon. Going to the Old Vic.

Travelling up from Dorset, but plan to drive back down late tomorrow night. hmm

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Thu 17-Jan-13 16:44:21

We're supposed to go and see Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow at the NIC/NEC in Birmingham. We were going to leave at 4pm and drop our baby (3 months) with GPs who live just putside Birmingham, then we were going to stay at their for the night and come back to Bristol on Sat.

Would this be madness given the weather forecast?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now