Help? I don't know what to do!

(15 Posts)

An electric ear cleaner?
(said by Steve Martin in the film Parenthood in a similar situation)

PolterGoose Thu 17-Jan-13 17:53:05

It's a novelty torch?

Not that I have any problems with sex toys, just the idea of my mother... «bleaches brain»

Okay then, it was a funny joke Christmas present... Don't make it into a big issue, and she'll forget about it. You have to find it hilarious instead of embarrassing, even if she brings it up in front of other people... Have a story and stick to it!
she'll be grateful in the long run, imagine the trauma of finding your mum's actively used vibrator?!!! Make her think its just a silly joke

Karris73 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:30:53

She doesn't know the contents of each drawer and I can't blame her for looking for presents, I did so as a child.

Karris73 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:26:29

I guess so. Do you suggest I re-hide it or just make sure she doesn't come in again? I want to continue using it obviously, haha

DeepRedBetty Tue 15-Jan-13 20:25:40

And come to think of it what on earth was she doing in your knicker drawer looking for birthday presents???

DeepRedBetty Tue 15-Jan-13 20:24:24

I think the silly joke christmas present and some serious distraction technique to change the subject is probably the way ahead.

Karris73 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:18:47

she knows what it is supposed to resemble and that's a good idea suzy but I haven't been to any for a while. How about joke christmas present? I can't really say 'Your father bought me a fake dick for Christmas though'. I'm confused

drinkyourmilk Tue 15-Jan-13 20:16:48

What did you tell her?
She will only think its a big deal if you make it into one.
Tbh I'd be telling her off for going through my drawers.

Did I mention grin

Iggly Tue 15-Jan-13 20:15:56

Would she know what it was?

Tell her it was a joke present you got as a hen night gift?

Karris73 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:13:29

was so embarrassing, was on the large side as well blush

DeepRedBetty Tue 15-Jan-13 20:10:42

blush and grin on your behalf... I'm not sure what to do either but this being mn SOMEONE must have gone through this before and might have some helpful thoughts...

Karris73 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:08:58

My 8 year old just found my vibrator/dildo! she was looking for birthday presents and now i don't know what to do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now