2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

AddictedtoCrunchies Thu 16-May-13 16:04:32

See that -> O O ? That's the wheels from my wagon and they've well and truly fallen off this week. Went off track on my weekend away and can't get it back sad

Weigh in is Sat am so am going to take the hit and sort myself out from then.

flatmouse Thu 16-May-13 16:07:55

crunchie here's your line:
----------------------------
now put the o o back on your wagon - don't think - "i'll sort it saturday" start from NOW smile Don't kill yourself trying between now and then, just go back to sensible and within dailies if you can.

flatmouse Thu 16-May-13 16:08:33

TWinkly enjoy!

Welcome MadameCoco smile

So today I feel slimmer, look slimmer as people have mentioned it and my work trousers are hanging off my bum. But it's not saying that on the scales? How can that be angry

poorpaws Thu 16-May-13 22:42:48

Welcome Coco.
Crunchie ~ don't worry, you're really good at this WW thing and we all know you can get those wheels back on and drive off into the sunset. I'm thinking of taking your name cos crunchies are on offer in Asda and I've developed a huge daily addiction (as well as my WW chocolate).

Weigh in tomorrow night and I'm dreading it. I just can't help eating this week and although I went shopping last night and came home with enough veg to feed an army and enough salad to keep the whole of Englands rabbit population well fed for months, I find tonight it's still in the fridge but the chocolate cupboard is nearly empty (and those 8 crunchies for £2 have disappeared). My stomach feels enormous. I'm just worried what the maximum amount one person can gain in one week can possibly be, cos I think I might be wearing the weight gain crown. blush

AddictedtoCrunchies Fri 17-May-13 08:31:01

Thanks Flatmouse, I did as I was told and sorted myself out. Weigh in tomorrow and I'm hopeful of a stay the same or maybe a small gain. But my head's back in it. Got a netball match Sunday and my dress is still a size 14 so I've still got to get into it! reminds self to apply fake tan as brown fat looks better than white fat

Poorpaws think it would be better if you just didn't buy them no matter how good the deal is? They're 5pp each so that's 40pp for the special offer - worth it? Not really and I'm a Crunchie addict smile. Or switch to Curly Wurlies as they're only 3pp? I'm sending you thin vibes for tonight's meeting. flowers

Willow I think you need to het your tape measure out and measure your bits. Then you will be able to see where you're losing the weight. you're clearly toning up and building lots of lovely lean muscle. flowers

I'm off to Next after the school run to collect my new trousers. My new SIZE 14 trousers. The 18s were tight in January, then I went into 16s and now they're too big. Haven't worn a size 14 bottom since 1987 smile. If they don't fit now hopefully they will soon.

Have a great day all my lovely WW pals flowers smile

flatmouse Fri 17-May-13 10:13:35

Good on you Crunchie! Get you with your SIZE 14 trousers from Next. I too am heading that way and it is absolutely thrilling isn't it!!

Willow i second the tape measure idea - but it is very frustrating when the weight is not dropping too. Please don't despair, it will!

Paws step away from the chocolate! (I'm fortunate in that i can take it or leave it - kettle chips are another story). Is it the sweetness or the chocolateness? Just wondering if you could substitute with something else? (For me it's the saltiness !) Hope WI goes OK.

Wow, crunchie that's brilliant - and really encouraging to hear that those sizes do go down. I can't quite imagine buying size 14s - don't think I've done that for at least 14 years. ^(Really? Hadn't worked that number out until now. Shit.)^

I'm just starting WW online. Well, I started two weeks ago, did a reasonably ok week and then a week of eating rubbish due to stressing out about work stuff. Back on track again now, though! And super-pleased as I just had two satsumas instead of the bag of maltersers that I know is in the cupboard. grin

PoppyT Fri 17-May-13 13:52:44

Hi
Just found this thread & would love to join. I've been doing WW since end of January & have lost 24lbs in total. I still want to lose another 23lbs which will take me to the top end of my healthy weight range & I was this weight pre-pregnancy & felt happy with my body.

I've got 2 DC's & am breastfeeding so I get 33 daily points plus 49 weekly.

I'm really struggling this last couple of weeks & hoping this thread wil help. I keep raiding the cupboards & eating biscuits but I can't keep doing this & getting away with it.

I've got a sweet tooth so try to have chocolate each evening as a treat but I've slowly started to eat crisps & chocolate after lunch too & keep 'forgetting' to track points.

Any tips on how to combat sweet cravings? I eat fruit & veg but can easily snack on these all day & still feel hungry.

Years ago I piled on loads of weight through binge eating, I was in a horrible relationship & used to comfort eat. I did lose the weight but I definitely turn to food when I'm sad or angry & not sure how to deal with this - any ideas would be appreciated? Once I start eating its as if I've opened a hole & can't fill it. The more I eat the more hungry I seem to be!?!?

I can't exercise much as I have the 2 DC's with me & the eldest refuses to go in pram so walking is very slow! DH is out of house 6am till 6pm & by the time we've got both DC's to bed its 9pm so I'm just going to sleep. My youngest is still waking once or twice a night so I know lack of sleep doesn't help weight loss. I'm hoping my youngest will start to go to bed earlier & then I can start doing exercise class a couple of times a week.

My WI day is Wednesday & I'm already dreading it. I've tracked meals for the week already & have used all my points allowing for a few treats over the weekend.

Hope you don't mind me joining you?

TWinklyLittleStar Fri 17-May-13 14:52:44

Hi PoppyT, well done on the weight you've lost already! For me the only way to combat sweet cravings is to go cold turkey, as the sugar is addictive. Even cutting down on fruit unless you eat it with a small piece of protein because of the blood sugar.spikes (chopped up veg is ok). Really really hard but worth it.

paws step away from the special offers!

addicted you've done so well! Do please update us on how the trousers were.

PoppyT Fri 17-May-13 17:55:18

Thanks TWinkly flowers that's a great idea. I used to have treats just at weekend but while I've been on maternity leave my days all seem to have merged so think bad habits have crept back in. I think I'll have to try stop sugar altogether & fill up on proper food. Might try a week without chocolate & see how it goes.

grin

PoppyT Fri 17-May-13 17:56:43

Have a great weekend everyone & thanks for letting me join you. Hopefully I can get my head back into it & I can help support you too.

jazzcat28 Fri 17-May-13 18:42:10

Wow lots of activity in the last few days! I will do my best to respond to people but apologies if I miss anyone...

Welcome to coco and poppyt - I find to satisfy my sweet tooth in the evenings I have a cup of cadbury's caramel highlights hot choc (1pp) or a WW frozen pud (usually range between 2pp-5pp depending what you buy). Also curlywurlies (3pp). I can't go cold turkey otherwise I end up stuffing my face at the end of the week!

crunchie I hope those wheels are screwed on nice and tight to your wagon - you can't give up now! Especially when you have those lovely SIZE 14 TROUSERS (!!!!!) to wear! (am very envy)

mummytowillow you need to measure yourself - I haven't lost weight according to the scales every week but I have my 'skinny' section of the wardrobe that I'm edging closer to every week so it must be coming off! Do you have a pair of jeans or a skinny dress you can keep trying on to see how well you're doing?

My scales at home tell me I've hit the magic 2st mark so keep your fingers crossed for me for tomorrow's WI! If I can shed 2.5lb tomorrow I will not only achieve 2st but also my weight will start with a 13 for the first time in about 3 years!

Re the TTC I've lost the plot completely as seem to have had a 2 week AF this month so god knows what's going on. At least I'm still losing weight and getting healthier the more I lose. It's strange doing WW and TTC at the same time - on one hand I want to buy nice new clothes but on the other not sure how long I'll be able to wear them before I have a bump!

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 18-May-13 08:10:07

1lb gain so that's not bad considering. Back on it with a vengeance now though. Off for a 7m run shortly. Aiming to do it in 75 minutes or less and there's two grotty hills in there too.

Beef casserole done and in the slow cooker for tonight. Sainsbury's do extra lean casserole beef - in steaks rather than cubed. It's delicious in a one pot stew type thing smile

Have a loveley day all flowers

jazzcat28 Sat 18-May-13 10:15:23

crunchie thats a teeny tiny gain in the grand scheme of things and if you have an amazing week you could ditch that pesky 1lb and more by next weekend. Beef casserole sounds yum.

I am giving myself a little fanfare and celebrating my WI today with a [tea] and some boiled eggs and toast........

I have lost 2.5lb making a grand total of 2st lost since January and my weight now is in the 13st bracket grin grin grin

Am off to town later to buy a nice new top to wear out to dinner with DH to celebrate tonight. Might be able to pluck a size 14 off the rack!!!

Sorry for the self-indulgent post..

jazzcat28 Sat 18-May-13 10:16:06

obviously meant brew

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 18-May-13 15:27:39

Woo hooooooo Jazzcat that's amazing!! 2 stone!! And 13 stone something. Well done <proud mother emoticon>

I did 7.3 miles in 75 minutes and was absolutely shagged at the end (excuse language) but very proud. Just took DS (5) to see Epic at the cinema - very good if you have a small person of appropriate age.

Casserole smelling gert lush right now smile

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 18-May-13 16:07:06

Well done jazzcat!
Good effort with the run addicted, you'll shake that teeny little pound in no time. Now that I'm better from my chest infection I need to start running again.

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 18-May-13 20:13:00

Well I tried on the SIZE 14 trousers and they don't quite fit - the waistband is probably a couple of inches off fitting.

However, I got them on. That makes me very happy. They're now hanging on the wardrobe door to inspire me. Hopefully I will get them done up soon grin

Evening everyone, well done Jazz you must feel amazing grin

I lost 3lb so the 2 I gained last week have gone plus an extra one smile

I'm going to be 100% this week ....

KateSpade Sat 18-May-13 21:38:54

I've just joined Weight watchers (again) as last time i only managed to loose half my baby weight before heading off to Uni (Sandwich year). Still slightly shocked i put on nearly 4st whilst pregnant. I have 2.5st to loose, now i have finished my degree without a job i have nothing else to concentrate on.

This is my first week and my weigh in is Tuesday, it was my mothers first week and she lost 6lb's shock

I'm off spinning monday, but I've been pretty good this week, I've not really eaten much of anything. Im a bit of a funny eater, i deffinatly don't deserve to be the size i am with what i eat.

poorpaws Sat 18-May-13 22:33:52

Wow it's gone busy here. Welcome newbies and well done to all. Glad you're back on track Crunchie.

I gained 1lb which is amazing considering what I ate all week, although I had been so good the previous week that probably helped.

I was astoundingly bad after wi, I daren't even begin to confess how much I ate. I still maintain my chocolate and ice cream addiction are due to spending too much of my time alone and being bored. However, today I am starting again and have been good. I've decided to try 30 ppts per day to see if that helps me maintain without needing to binge and am allowing 6pps per day for my chocolate habit so I've eaten one Crunchie so far today. Strange that whilst I was losing weight and totally focused I hardly ate any chocolate. I think I was probably too focused and strict with myself that this is the reason for the constant chocolate addiction now.

There's been so much activity on here I can't mention everyone but well done to all of you. Keep up the good work, even with the little gains, you are all amazing. I so enjoy all our "chats".

Neeko Sun 19-May-13 08:48:13

Hi all. So busy on here that I have no chance of individual posts but really enjoying reading all your news. smile

Welcome to all the new folks.

Crunchie very impressed by the trousers. I'm sure you'll be slinking about in them in no time.

jazz I'm well impressed by your weight loss. That's amazing. Congrats.

poorpaws Well done for getting back on track. That 1lb gain will be demolished plus a few of its friends by next week.

mummytowillow nice to hear you are back on track too.

twinkle really interested about what you said about fruit. I'm not sure I could manage that. How much of a difference does it make to you on a weekly weigh in. I'm considering trying it cos it's only a few weeks til my hols.
Poppy I eat tinned fruit cocktail (without the juice) mini crunchies and curly wurlys for sweet cravings but maybe you should listen to twinkly

confusion sorry again for your loss. Hope the training is going well.

As for me I have 1lb left to get to goal (though want to lose more) and I'm really hoping to get there on Tue. Fingers crossed.

poorpaws Sun 19-May-13 19:43:56

Fingers crossed for you here Neeko. Strange but I have never met anyone who is satisfied with their goal weight (including me). I've found when we've got many stones to lose goal seems amazing but once you get there it is never enough for anyone. So how much after goal do you want to lose? I don't want to dampen anyones spirits but the last half stone (below goal) is just hell to get to (on reflection that's probably just me). Getting to goal feels fantastic though so toes crossed too for Neeko.

Hope everyone has had a good and healthy weekend. Good luck for this weeks weigh ins.

Nellymay Sun 19-May-13 20:29:16

Can i join you? i've done WW before - i'm a gold member BUT its all gone back on again - i can't afford to join again - i liked WW but to do it again i think i need to get support to keep me at it, a kick up the b** every now and then. I'm 12 5 (??) and 5Ft 7ins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now