Healthy Revolutionaries!

(631 Posts)
BloodiedGhouloshes Wed 16-Oct-13 09:42:30

Oh Okay, hardly original. smile

But describes us all. smile

Me today,

B- apple, yogurt, cashew nuts and honey
L- salmon and salad
D- honey sesame chicken legs with a greek salad.

O&DW FRs!

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 03-Jul-14 07:49:36

Help! Where have you all gone?
I've not fasted for a couple of weeks (holiday did not help) and most days I've been snacking and mindlessly emptying packets of chocolate biscuits into my mouth eating. My trousers a too snug. It has to stop. Its all comfort eating (not enough sleep and too much stress-work is awful) and I'm out off control. I am determined to remember the words that attracted me to this thread "stop bingeing and start eating healthily"

So. For the next few days I am eating mindfully and not snacking. I will eat my five a day and next week I will have two fasts. "Slowly" is my aporoach to returning to my previous success.

Today
B: toast with peanut butter and black currant jam.
I know were having spag Bol for dinner. My aim is to avoid lunch unless it's some fruit to count towards my elusive 5 a day.

Doitforme Thu 19-Jun-14 11:07:37

Hazel don't do squats. Not good for your pelvic floor with all that excess pregnancy pressure. Could cause leaking or vaginal prolapse . Walking, uphill if poss, really tones your legs up.

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 19-Jun-14 08:23:39

How did you manage just 1 grape? grin I need to eat at least half a punnet in one sitting! I also read that as 4 peach donuts and thought “oh, I’ve never had a peach donut. I wonder if I’m missing out.” Doh.

Thank you milly grin

Well the dreaded stretchmarks are appearing already, FFS. I’m using bio oil but if anyone has any recs as to “this actually works” then please let me have them. I’ve never had a flat stomach either so I’m now feeling a bit blue that I’m unlikely to ever have one of those now!

We’ve just booked a holiday for next month so that’s extra motivation to eat better as well. My energy levels are definitely up a bit so I’m going to introduce some gentle exercise – especially some squats and weights as my arms and legs look yucky.

I can’t really remember what I’ve eaten this week blush I do know I had sausage casserole and rice on Tuesday and managed to eat a decent sized portion of it.

Yesterday:
B – crunchy nut cornflakes
L – ham and cheese salad wrap
D – small portion (it really was) of fusili in a tomato and olive sauce
S – S&V squares, kit kat, diet coke x 2, full fat coke x 1 (whoops to the caffeine consumed), another bowl of crunchy nut.

We stupidly didn’t get anything out of the freezer for dinner so no idea what we’ll have tonight. My little aim for today is to actually eat some fruit and not drink any coke.

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 16-Jun-14 19:11:05

Hi FRs.

Fasting today.
Have eaten: 4 donut peaches, half an apple, a handful of lettuce, one white coffee, a mouthful of roast lamb, 2 baby tomatoes, 3 blueberries, 1 grape.
grin

MillyDots Mon 16-Jun-14 17:30:25

My goodness...sorry I fell off the thread.

Congratulations Hazel and not its not too early for flutterings. Mine were at three months. I think you are having a girl because of the strong morning sickness. Women seem to have worse hormonal fluctuations when carrying girls than when carrying boys...apparently...and that was definitely my experience. I was sick as a dog with my first, a girl but was not ill much at all with my little boy.

Hazelbrowneyes Mon 16-Jun-14 15:22:07

Cant.stop.eating.

Actually, I did well yesterday. 1 large bowl of coco pops, pitta bread with tzatziki, burger, salad, new potatoes, eton mess.

Today:
tracker bar
kit kat (2 finger)
S&V squares
small cheese and onion roll
3 biscuits - and if I'm honest, it'll be at least another 3 before I go home. ARGH!
Dinner tonight is either roast chicken and salad or BBQ stuff. I really just want chips and lots of them. Ooh chicken and chips. I reckon I can swing that with DH.

So, I don't know if it's too early (15 weeks) but I've been feeling some flutterings. Felt them yesterday afternoon and first thing this morning. Definitely more of a "twitchy nerve" type thing than uterus stretching (which I'm still feeling). I have a definite bump appearing as well and it's definitely not all biscuits.

Plan for this evening: long shower, shape nails, possibly meet friends in pub if they're going. If not then it'll be make lunch for tomorrow and paint nails.

Hazelbrowneyes Sat 14-Jun-14 11:02:38

OMG, amanda Gazpacho. The ultimate summer soup. I could easily eat that. Yum.

I should also go for the raw veg to dip but Tyrrels crisps and chunks of bread are much more inviting.

I'm struggling with salad. I'm just finding it a bit "meh". I had forgotten about corn on the cob though. I could easily eat hundreds of them

Might pop to the greengrocers when I get home and grab some fruit and veg. I also want to go to Kiddicare but equally I think it's probably too early grin

TheRealAmandaClarke Sat 14-Jun-14 10:14:50

Don't feel guilty about the wine Hazel seriously. It's not a problem.

I too need to eat more veg. Soups are good IMHO, but not that tempting in the summer. If I'm having houmus I should go for raw peppers/ celery etc to dip rather than crisps or bread.
Pasta with tomato sauces into which courgettes and peppers can be blended. I do that for the DCs too.
Salads with broad beans and of course, corn on the cob with butter

Hazelbrowneyes Sat 14-Jun-14 09:35:47

Hello, hello!

So sorry for not coming back earlier, it's been a bit manic at work! Yes, Wellies scan was the 2nd. All absolutely fine grin Baby is a complete wriggler, wouldn't stay still at all so it took a while to get the measurements. I'm measuring a bit ahead of what I thought so I have a new due date of 7th December! I've had my NT results back too and the risk is 1:12606 (very precise!) so that's another weight off my mind! I've already got appointments coming out of my ears - midwife in a few weeks for 16 week, then 20 week scan and yesterday I had a letter about an appointment in September.

Thanks both for thinking of me! I'll try to be a better revolutionary, I'm just really behind with work and it's busy so I'm actually working hard shock

Amanda holiday diet sounds amaze.

Wellies so pleased you had a 'real' loss! Your menus always sound delicious. I need to eat a bit more like you.

I'm struggling with real food still so I keep putting on a bit of weight then losing it again. Currently 9st 5lbs, so a 1lb heavier than a few weeks ago but still 3lbs lighter than when I fell pregnant. So WHY do none of my clothes fit?! <looks accusingly at growing bump>

I've got to be honest, I'm looking forward to having a proper bump because at the moment I just look a bit porky! blush I've treated myself to some new clothes in current size and next size up to do me over the next few weeks. Oh and bump bands! Well these are pretty amazing. I got the smallest size I could and it's heaven. I can wear my normal jeans without having to secure the button with a hair bobble.

Right - confession time. I'm feeling super guilty. Last night we had friends over for dinner, lovely blah blah blah but I indulged in a glass of rose. It was 10.5% and it must have been 75ml max (teeny glass and DH didn't put a lot in. Infact, it could have just been 50ml) and I now feel so guilty. Such an idiot. Won't be drinking again.

Apart from that, my diet is crap - I'm not fancying meat much so diet is limited to carbs and veg not that I've had much of those recently For dinner yesterday I had some pitta bread, olives and halloumi with dips, a vegetable kebab, 2 baby potatoes and a slice of beef tomato. A few hours later I had a small portion of eton mess. So how do I improve my diet?

Things I can eat without problem: coco pops, chocolate, S&V crisps, chips, pasta. FFS.

Oh and I also need to exercise but I need energy to do so. GAH!

Gosh this is long, sorry. I need to MN more to say less in one post grin

TheRealAmandaClarke Fri 13-Jun-14 20:03:08

Ooh. Well done wellis

TheRealAmandaClarke Fri 13-Jun-14 20:02:40

Hey FRs!
hope all good with scan Hazel

Just back from hols. Lovely time bla bla bla
Ate fish and salad
And chips and ice cream blush
Most days.
Er, every day.
Oh, and the cakes we're nice too. grin

Today:
B: croissants and jam
L: a few tortilla chips and houmus, large piece of quiche - oops.
D: chicken parmagiano with broccoli and spaghetti. Small portion choc ice cream.

Need more fruit and veg in diet.

HotWellies Mon 02-Jun-14 14:32:17

Hello!

Is today scan day Hazel?

Me today

B- cherrios and yoghurt
L- coronation chicken roll
D- baked salmon with chilli and soy with home made stir fried rice and vegetables

HotWellies Fri 30-May-14 07:10:36

Hi Hazel and Amanda.
Hope you are both well. I can report a 2.2pound weight loss Hurrah!!!!! I think it is a 'real' loss too, as I have been really careful with my intake and I feel as if I have lost weight.
Looking forward to hearing about your scan!

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 29-May-14 15:14:11

A surprise is good IMO.

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 29-May-14 10:07:37

You're right. I need to just wait for the scan. Meant to be meeting friends Friday night and it's going to really raise suspicion when they realise I'm not drinking again. Don't want to tell them until I know all is ok though.

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 29-May-14 09:52:52

At 12 weeks? Tough one. Great if they can find it, but until 14 weeks it can be tricky, so might make you anxious.

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 29-May-14 09:43:39

Sounds v healthy wellies yummy too! The cheek of your Aunt though shock It’s only MILs side, thankfully. They’re just all terrible with money and I think that’s where a lot of the bitterness stems from. Massive sense of entitlement as well, especially from nightmare SIL.

FILs side all lovely. I’m very lucky to have them as inlaws. My PIL are lovely too and I can tolerate MILs side, I just don’t like doing it grin

Phew, glad pains are normal. I had lots of cramps between 4 and 7 weeks but they eased. This feels more like waves of pain and is just as bad today as it was yesterday. They feel different to the original cramps but I’m guessing if the uterus is bigger now and has moved a bit then it might feel different. Naturally assumed it was something to panic about. It didn’t really occur to me that you’d still get them at/after 12 weeks. grin

Not going to find out sex at all Amanda I know DH wants to but I really, really want the surprise.

Any thoughts on dopplers? Nice and reassuring or panic-inducing if you can’t find the heartbeat? Yes, I’m still being impatient about having to wait until Monday for the scan. grin

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 29-May-14 09:23:06

Ah Hazel
Yes, that sounds like a drink problem, well certainly a problem for everyone else eh.

You are allowed to decline the fish.

Will you find out the baby's sex at the 12 week scan?
Or will it BA a nice surprise. You can keep us guessing.

HotWellies Thu 29-May-14 09:09:02

Your ILs sound dreadful Hazel.

My DM and DF worked their socks off when I was growing up. They both had professional jobs and took extra work in the evenings so they could afford to put a deposit on a house and the afford a mortgage. My DAunt has always been a grasping, jealous woman. She is 11 years older than my DM. I hesitate to say it, but she also is a lazy arse. A few years back we were at a family reunion and she told my DM that she ought to pay for DAunt's meal because 'you have been luckier than us and you owe it to us'.

My DM rarely stands up for herself with her family, but oh BOY did DAunt get a surprise.

I ha forgotten about the uterus stretching pain. thanks

Me today

B- baked beans on toast
L- salad sandwich and soup
D- roast chicken and veg.

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 29-May-14 08:54:24

Pain is common I pregnancy, usually caused by the uterus stretching and the ligaments too.
Good luck with the scan. I'll try to "look in" if the connection is ok while we're away.

Oh, eating loads btw. blush

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 29-May-14 08:44:06

According to PIL, no she doesn't have a drink problem.

Oh look! Flying pigs!!

She apparently no longer drinks during the week which is fine but the problem arises when she starts drinking. She literally has no idea when to stop. Then she gets nasty. According to MIL she is jealous of us and thinks it's unfair that we have what we do hmm We work hard and trust me, our journey to this point has not been easy. Was she jealous when we were bringing home £800 between us a month? I doubt it. She has NO idea how hard it has been for us. She has no idea what we earn now but I bet she thinks it's double what it is. She's jealous that we own a house, we have a big car and we have nice things. Bet she's not jealous of the 60+hr weeks we work though.

The other one is just constantly unpleasant grin

Dreading Saturday night. I'm really hoping they both drive but I have a feeling one will offer a lift to the other. I'm not offering lifts to either. Don't even care how rude that makes me sound grin

12+1 today. Lots of cramps yesterday, some that took my breath away and made me cry blush No bleeding so not too worried. I'm thinking it's just stretching. Doesn't the uterus move up a bit around this time? Maybe it's that. Feel really heavy & bloated today. Button already undone on jeans.

Yesterday:
B - pain au chocolat
L - mugshot
D - madras with rice and poppadums (this may be why I feel heavy today)
S - S&V crisps, diet coke, biscuit, haribo, mini milky way, some easter egg

Today:
B - coco pops
L - probably a mugshot
D - fish and salad, apparently. Yum. Just what I fancy. not
S - probably the same as yesterday. Maybe 2 biscuits.

Going to try to drink more water today as DH is convinced this is why I'm getting cramps.

4 more sleeps until scan. Yay!

How are you getting on Amanda? You go on holiday soon don't you?

TheRealAmandaClarke Wed 28-May-14 19:16:54

Does she have a drink problem Hazel?
She sounds unpleasant and quite odd. (well they both do tbh)
Phew! Thank goodness for your nice ILs grin

TheRealAmandaClarke Wed 28-May-14 19:15:15

Fuck me!

Hazelbrowneyes Wed 28-May-14 11:46:11

Amanda Troublesome is putting it mildly wink I could tell a few stories but I'd be here all day. The best one though (and one that MIL will not believe happened) is when she said to me, back in 2009, after her Aunt had asked if we'd ever have children

"Don't think you're having a boy. My son is the only one to carry on the family surname, Jones*. You'll have to sort it out if you find out you're having a boy."

*Ok our surname isn't Jones but you get my drift.

If that wasn't bad enough, she's not even a Jones. She's a Smith. She changed her name by deed poll to Jones so her son is technically a Smith, not a "real" Jones. Not that any of that matters, it's just her attitude which riles me.

She is not going to be pleased to find out I'm pregnant. Neither will my BILs wife - another woman with a screw loose. The best story there?

She was planning their wedding abroad, came up to me one day and showed me her guest list. At the time, DH and I were living together and had been for a few months. Her list was as follows:

MIL & FIL
Mum & Dad
Cousin & partner
Hazel's DH & ?

SERIOUSLY. In the end, no one went to their wedding but how rude?! This was the same day she called his ex wife in front of me and told her how much she missed her and she wished they'd never split up.

It really annoys me when everyone says "Oh she's lovely!" They haven't been on the end of her attacks. 2 years ago she sat in my garden and told me I would never be good enough for DH, no one in the family liked me, they all wish he'd never split up with his ex wife, he would never want children with me and the family were hoping we'd split up soon so he could find someone to be happy with. I know she doesn't like me and I know my BIL isn't keen on me either but surely they could tolerate me a bit more? and not be so effing rude especially when in my house

Anyway, I'm expected to tell them all Saturday night and I just don't want to as I know it'll make the evening even more awkward. Plus, my scan isn't until Monday. I have said to DH that if he wants to tell them Saturday, then he'd better pay for me to have another private scan this week.

That's made him think twice about telling them grin

Sorry for the rant there, it's all been bothering me a bit recently and I really don't want to see any of them Saturday

Thankfully, my FILs side are super.

TheRealAmandaClarke Tue 27-May-14 17:59:06

Lol Hazel
You poor thing.
Of course they're talking nonsense. Girls are great, boys are great.
Does your mil have a troublesome dd? grin

I think, in their own way, they just trying t join in make it all about them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now