Losing the stones one guinea pig at a time...

(984 Posts)
HenriettaPye Tue 24-Sep-13 18:02:44

Hello quiche avoiders wink

Lovely shiny new thread- we are a talkative bunch!

First Thread

Second Thread

To be a quiche avoider you must
-have a considerable amount of weight to lose
-be serious about wanting to lose it
-give other members a virtual kick up the arse when needed
-weigh in with us on a Wednesday (or if you weigh in on another day, post your results on a wednesday)

So roll up, jump in and lets lose lbs! and if you are having a moment of weakness just remember... what would clarinet do wink

LittleRobots Tue 24-Sep-13 22:31:01

Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to do 3 meals and 3 healthy snacks as a way to control binge eating. I'm completing afood journal. Still struggling to exercise control.

HenriettaPye Tue 24-Sep-13 22:37:12

Happy birthday to your twins misselodie, I have twin brothers, who are almost 13! smile

BirdingWidow Tue 24-Sep-13 22:50:14

Happy birthday Elodie Twins - my twin sisters are 33!

I wasn't that good MissElodie, I did give away most of the leftovers but left things like a bowl of kettle chips half-heartedly covered in cling film, in case DP wanted them. And then because I was fed up I ate them even though they were a bit soggy. Hey ho. Hope you enjoyed the party, I am sure the twins would have done ( I assume by the age of 3 they start to understand and anticipate birthdays?). I look forward to that re birthdays and Christmas, DS still too young to notice but it won't be long

SummerHoliDidi Tue 24-Sep-13 22:52:16

Wow, you lot are talkative aren't you? How can we have filled 2 threads already?

MissElodie Tue 24-Sep-13 22:53:50

argh - just typed a reply and it disappeared!

Hello LittleRobots I started at 16st 9 too and am also an emotional/binge eater so I know how you feel. I've lost 12lb so far, with the help of this thread and I use MFP as a food journal (except I've not logged in at all today) and I find it good to track it all. Welcome to the thread - you're in the right place!

Sirzy you have done fab to go from a 20 to a 14 in 4 months! I am aiming to be a 14 (from a size 22) once I've lost 6 stone so hearing your success is very motivating smile

MissElodie Tue 24-Sep-13 23:16:28

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Yes Birding they are at that stage now where they understand and look forward to birthdays so its lovely to make it exciting for them - my DD asked almost hourly from the moment she woke up 'is it still my birthday?' bless her!

I forgot (I actually did) to put some really nice cookies that I'd got out for the buffet and I am worried they are going to be calling out to me tomorrow - I must be strong and resist!

TiredNursey Wed 25-Sep-13 06:11:26

Miss Elodie, Resist the biscuits!!!!
Well, if they call out, donate them to someone else.
They will thank you!

Hen, got PM, I will send them once I get back from France. (Back Sat) Hopefully you wont have got too skinny for them!

Just weighed in: down 3 lbs, thats 20 in total. (now 17 st 2)
V pleased.
Fully expect to stay the same next week though because of the trip.

Birding and Everyone else resisting, if you fail to resist, well, one or a few bad day wont hurt over the long journey. And as we keep saying, even skinny people eat badly sometimes, they just dont eat badly all the time.

MiaWallace Wed 25-Sep-13 06:20:18

Lost 1lb this week, which I will gratefully accept considering how much I have eaten this week.

It does mean that I have not lost my first stone though grin. Starting weight 15st 5 current weight 14st 5. That is 201lb so I aim to lose 2lb next week to break the 200lb barrier.

Good luck everyone weighing today and welcome to LittleRobots.

Reastie Wed 25-Sep-13 06:21:38

marking place, sorry, finding it hard to keep up ATM.

Henrietta thanks once again. LOVE the motivational quotes at the end of the last thread.

Just off to weigh in......back in a min <crosses finges>

MiaWallace Wed 25-Sep-13 06:22:48

I have also just noticed that I have logged my food on MFP for 50 days in a row (even when I have gone off track). It really does help logging everything.

Reastie Wed 25-Sep-13 06:32:27

1 lb down for me smile Pleased with that.

Happy Belated Birthday MissElodie

IsaacCox Wed 25-Sep-13 06:55:41

Morning all and welcome Littlerobots

Thanks for the lovely new thread Hen thanks Fab title too! grin

Loved all the quotes on the last thread- they were much needed!

I've not weighed yet as I'm still in bed grin Doubt I'll have lost anything in the 2 days I've been good. Also, I've been taking dianette the past few weeks and am due on my 'period' any day soon hopefully (first one since I can remember!) I've been attached to a hot water bottle the past few days! I forgot how much they hurt! So I've not been exercising at all either. 1lb off would be nice for a push but I'll be happy to have stayed the same tbh.

Well done Tired, Mia and Reastie, and good luck to everyone weighing in today.

IsThatTrue Wed 25-Sep-13 07:01:01

Weight last week: 11 stone 7
Weight this week: 11 stone 5

Weight loss this week 2lb

Total weight loss 38 lbs!

Still to go: 12lb to first target, 19lb to ideal (and the lowest weight I've been in my whole adult life)

Well done to all this weeks losers!

phantomhairpuller Wed 25-Sep-13 07:17:50

Morning ladies.

Apologies for my absence the past fortnight blush no explanation really, other than giving in to temptation and going way off track.

But I'm back (in case any of you missed mewink)

I've weighed again this morning (first time in 2 weeks blush) and by some complete miracle I'm down another 2lbs!

I've changed how I'm going to do things too, low fat wasn't getting me the results I wanted so I'm going for a bit of 5:2. My in-laws have been doing it for a month or so and have had great success.

I've (re)downloaded MFP- the last time I was on there was before I fell pregnant with DS2 and I was 16st 4lbs. So since then, I've lost bang on 2 stone grin

Anyway, enough about me.

Good luck to all weighing on today smile

BirdingWidow Wed 25-Sep-13 07:19:40

I have stayed the same, 13/13. I fully expected to see 14 something so think that is a good result. Motivation may be returning.

Aiming for 2lb this week, still want to lose 15 lb by Christmas which would take me just into the overweight category. 13 weeks to Christmas, should be doable.

Mia, you and I started at much the same weight (I was 15/4 back at Easter time). I already feel the stone I have lost since starting this thread has made a big difference.

IsaacCox Wed 25-Sep-13 07:22:34

Well done IsThatTrue

Welcome back Phantom, well done on the loss too!

I've just weighed and by some miracle managed to lose 1lb smile

Start weight- 17st 11
Last week- 16st 1
This week- 16st 0

I've been saying this for weeks now but c'mon! I want to see the 15's next week grin

IsaacCox Wed 25-Sep-13 07:23:21

Well done for not putting on Birding smile

Lorelai Wed 25-Sep-13 07:39:21

Welcome back phantom, that is a pretty good kids for two weeks of track, do you think your 'normal' and 'off track' have changed since pre diet? So that you haven't gone as badly off track as you could have done in the past?

Well done on the other losses so far smile

Sirzy Wed 25-Sep-13 08:12:45

1 lb off today. Slow and steady will do me!

Start weigh 15 stone 13
Today 13 stone 4

LayMizzRarb Wed 25-Sep-13 08:15:05

1.2 lb off
Hope everyone else does good.

jagjac Wed 25-Sep-13 08:15:24

Hello, i just found this thread & with 5 stone to loose finding you all is a god send, im really struggling with not binging at the moment mainly at night as Dp works nights & my toddler goes to bed at 7:30pm but this week i started to do my aerobics dvd on a evening as i haven't got time during the day with a lively toddler, you all seem so supportive & doing really well so I'm asking if you mind me joining pplleeaassee?

Hi all - another new thread! Yay!
Todays weigh in;
Start (June) - 16st
Last week - 12st 11lbs
Today - 12st 8 lbs

So thats a 3lb loss this week and 3st 6lbs so far. I really am noticing the difference now and feel a thousand times more confident! At 5ft9/10 ish, I'm actually looking relatively slim ish! 8lbs to go till healthy bmi!

clarinetV2 Wed 25-Sep-13 08:22:13

Good to see you back, Phantom - Isaac, congratulations on your loss and hope you're in the 15s next week. Glad it's better news than it might have been, Birding, well done everyone who's lost or stayed the same, and welcome, LittleRobots.

Well, maybe my binges of the week before last kick started my metabolism or something, or perhaps miracles just happen, because for the first time in ages I've lost 3lb in a single week. And that, my friends, means...

[drum roll...]

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

In fact, a pound under goal. Here are the numbers:

August 2012: 15 st 2; dress size 22-24; BMI 37.6
September 2013: 9 st 1; dress size 10-12; BMI 22.5

I am grinning from ear to ear. This is the lightest I've been since I was about 13 years old, and all my previous weight loss attempts have foundered at a minimum of around 11st 4 after which I've piled it back on again. I never seriously thought I would get here. Can't quite believe it.

Henrietta, I really want to thank you again for starting this thread. I'm too embarrassed to talk about eating and weight loss with any friends or family, so if it weren't for the quiche I'd have had no-one to share the moment with. As it is, I have this wonderful, generous, supportive band of women who know just what it takes to face up to being seriously overweight, and who bear the bruises of falling off the wagon again and again before getting back on and going forward, however long it takes.

I'll post about my maintenance plan some time soon. But for now, I'm enjoying the moment. Hope others have some good news too - cq, I haven't forgotten our deal!

phantomhairpuller Wed 25-Sep-13 08:25:26

Well done clarinet gringringringringrin

Sirzy Wed 25-Sep-13 08:25:28

Welcome jag!

Well done everyone.

Clarinet that is fantastic! My goal is to do similar in the same time span and you have shown its possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now