Chiefs Randalling on to svelteness

(942 Posts)
Lizzylou Fri 02-Aug-13 17:42:20

Hola.
Thought we needed a new thread grin
Last day at work for me grin grin grin

Well done Bssh on only gaining 1lb holiday weight, am hoping to emulate this!

dinkydoos Thu 29-Aug-13 17:06:41

Ooh and buzzy your holiday gains are a whole lot better than mine!

BsshBossh Fri 30-Aug-13 07:27:05

Hello Chiefs! Summer holidays have kept me busy so haven't been around much. Haven't fasted at all and haven't really been watching my food intake or managing much exercise. Result - 4 lb gain since school broke up.

Not too bad, considering (I'm a glass half full person smile ).

But school and work begins next Tuesday and I am on it!

See you next week.

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 30-Aug-13 19:27:16

4lbs isn't much Bssh you'll get that off in no time.

Dinky, respect. You are my sister in cheese! I honestly can't think of a better way to gain 19lb than a summer of French cheese and pâté and bread and wine. It'll come off quick enough though, it's only holiday weight after all, not proper weight wink

I dropped another 1lb this week, no idea how, I was not good over the bank holiday. I'm not complaining though, it's nice to be getting a little buffer between me and the double digits. It's also making maintaining seem a bit less scary. At first I couldn't believe that 1700 a day wouldn't be too much but it obviously isn't. Well not yet anyway!

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 30-Aug-13 19:27:59

*10lbs not 19lbs, blimey, I'm a feeder!

Morning Chiefs.

Back from holiday and the pre-season rugby training starts today. Summer is over. hmm

Got back on Friday and promptly weighed self. Damage was a 7lb increase shock but seem to have lost it all plus another lb over the weekend with a fast, an eight mile run and serious Paula Radcliffe incident. So I'm 9 stone on the nose this morning shockshock

My aim of getting into the 8st zone could be achievable - though not for next couple of weeks as I'm still thinking about doing the Bristol half in a couple of weeks.

Fluctuations are just odd. I don't get them.

I am really impressed with your maintaining Randall. I fluctuate a lot more. I feel like I'm constantly fighting my weight.

RandallPinkFloyd Sun 01-Sep-13 11:55:51

You're 9 stone shock holy cow that's impressive. As is losing 8lb in one weekend!!!! You go Paula grin

BsshBossh Mon 02-Sep-13 08:13:53

Tea fantastic!

School returns tomorrow when I will resume Chiefing with gusto!

Lizzylou Mon 02-Sep-13 16:46:34

You clever, clever bunch.

Dinky, respect on cheese and pate gain, I was same.

Bssh and Buzzy, easy on, easy off.

Tea! You bloody superstar grin

and big grin for Randall's size 10 skinnies.

I have had a few weeks post holiday/I've just bought a house wine and food frenzy (not all the time, but few bingey days) so am on it like Sonic again.

Body Pump then Body Combat tonight, am mixing up my exercise routine and shaking up my diet. Feel bloated so am (loosely) following a plan, no sugar, no wheat, no dairy, no carbs (save veggies) after 6pm and no alcohol (except for Saturday night!). Just feel sluggish and have read that this will sort me out a bit.

BsshBossh Wed 04-Sep-13 09:33:36

Lizzy congrats on the house move smile I'm intrigued by your diet - can you share some of the breakfasts, lunches and dinners you're having?

Had a successful fast day yesterday (first in weeks) - no eating until 8pm. Felt great - really light and energetic. It's good to get back to a dieting routine. Also exercised for 1.5 hours - only 30 minutes of that at the gym, the rest just walking.

How's everyone doing now school's back?

Lizzylou Wed 04-Sep-13 09:44:20

Hi Bssh, it is the Anna Richardson Body Blitz plan or somesuch. I already had the book and as I had overdosed on cheese, wine and bread on holiday, I figured a complete break from these things would be good!

Today I am having:
Porridge,
lunch is rye bread smeared with avocado (this really fills you up and is totally lush) and chicken salad
Dinner is a butternut squash and coconut soup

Snack is a soya yoghurt.

Last night I made a kind of ratatouille with aubergine and red pepper and added bacon, have also had smoked salmon on the aforementioned rye bread and avocado which was heavenly.

There are lots of recipes in the book which I will make for next week. Am planning on a moroccan lamb thing, a beef casserole and some more soup. It is surprisingly easy to be honest, once you plan and I have not felt hungry one bit. I tend to eat a large lunch anyway.

BsshBossh Wed 04-Sep-13 10:36:43

Lizzy thanks for sharing (God, that sounds cheesy!). Like you, I'm not averse to carbs and rich foods but I'd like to eat healthier just to feel lighter/better so I'll check that book out for meal ideas. Thanks again.

Where do you get your rye bread from and is it the really dark kind?

BsshBossh Wed 04-Sep-13 10:38:33
Lizzylou Wed 04-Sep-13 10:59:18

Just from the healthy bit of Tescos, This brand, I've tried linseed this week , it is very dense and so filling. One slice fills you right up.

I am really finding it easy and I do feel nice and light 4 days in.

OOh, will check that thread out, thanks! smile

BsshBossh Wed 04-Sep-13 11:03:58

Fab, will look out for the bread. I won't be following "the plan" but I will definitely be swapping in some of her healthy choices for meals. Had a look on Amazon and her recipes look fantastic (and easy).

Lizzylou Wed 04-Sep-13 11:05:07

They are!
That was what made me buy the book ages ago (and then not follow it! Doh!).
The butternut squash and coconut soup is totally gorgeous.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Wed 04-Sep-13 21:33:42

I am still here though had a disastrous last week...too many friends staying and an amazing party at the weekend (not such an amazing 2 day hangover however)!

Had my first day without children today. Dd went off to pre school without a second look at me and had a great time. Ds didn't want to go to school but he is always the same, likes the hols too much.

Have planned a couple of running routes near the village, looks like they are about 3 miles so a good start. Just got to do it now. First proper fast tomorrow too.

Sounds like everyone is getting on it again after all our summer breaks. Great work all!

I have a wedding in 6 weeks so aiming to be a stone lighter by then...with all this child free time it should be a breeze. Exercise is my new best friend grin

Hmmmm. I'm catching up on Chief news eating Nutella straight from a jar! shock

I am not meant to be so pure filthy on this lovely thread but I am powerless to resist. I am craving carbs, cakes and chocolate. And am just eating anything in sight. Bastard half marathon training.

My kids were all at school today. TFFT! Unfortunately DS4 has a non nursery day tomorrow. Booooo.

But tomorrow evening I start training with a proper hockey team not just a bunch of ladies of a certain age. I may make friends who are teenagers grin

Anyway, I ate my first baked sweet potato today. It looked like a turd, one with foreign objects in it, when I got it out of the oven. Did I cook it right? Does everyone's look like this? And surely one does not eat the skin?

BsshBossh Wed 04-Sep-13 23:08:21

Tea yep, sweet potatoes do look rather turd-like but taste heavenly with chilli butter (butter with a few chilli flakes or some freshly diced chilli mashed in). And I love the skin (so long as the butter has seeped into it).

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 05-Sep-13 09:33:56

I lurve sweet potato, in any form! Yy to the chilli butter. God I'm hungry.

Running, hockey, body blitzing. You're all so good, you put me to shame.

I may have accidentally Randalled. We were only meant to be having a meal. We ended up in the pub. I do not feel well today.

It's the wedding tomorrow too. I'm awfully glad I have that 5lb buffer between me and double digits, I think I'm going to need it!

Lizzylou Thu 05-Sep-13 13:33:55

I have never ever had baked sweet potato, only wedges.

Randall you lithe lovely, what are you wearing to the Randalling wedding?

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 05-Sep-13 18:18:05

I think I'm going to wear this. That's if I don't bloat myself out of it!

Lizzylou Thu 05-Sep-13 21:05:45

Swit woo!

Oh that is so very pretty. I love it.

I have forgot that I too am Randalling at a wedding on Saturday.

I will be sneaking looks around the service to see if I can see a tall, slim bird wearing it. If a short, loud lairy woman grabs you tis merely me. I will be carrying gin.

Thanks for all the sweet potato tips. wedges Lizzy? yum. Skin? Hmmm. I may have to work my way up to it. Chilli butter though. I had it plain. I like your idea better Bssh

I seem to have regained about half a stone. I'm fluctuating like a .... Well I can't think of ought that fluctuates as much as I. It's really difficult to motivate myself to Chief like this. I've not done any weights for three weeks as all my time and efforts going into cardio. I think my aim at the moment is to try and keep the fluctuations such that I'm on the lighter end of one for the days I'm running otherwise it's harder work. Oh well. Ten more sleeps and my lengthy runs will be over and I'll be 41

BsshBossh Thu 05-Sep-13 22:43:32

Agreed, such a pretty dress!

Tea your weight will settle when the intense runs are over. Approx 7 lbs gain is nothing in the grand scheme of what you've lost! Keep your perspective smile

I've gone back to my normal routine of cardio, weights and 5:2 this week. Hurrah! Yep, feeling stronger and leaner (though the scales may not reflect that now I'm a healthy BMI) but have realised that now I'm edging towards mid-forties I need to focus also on flexibility. So tonight I did my first ever yoga session (via a truly fab yoga app on the iPad - Yoga Studio by Modern Lotus). They do beginners 15 minute session video that I can easily do after DD goes to bed. I'm going to try to do it each night before dinner.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Thu 05-Sep-13 23:08:55

Lovely dress Randall, you will look fab I'm sure.

I managed a fast today but it was tough and I was hungry even after my dinner. Just had a 40 cal hot chocolate then bed. I would have that jar of Nutella off you in a flash tea, but unlike you skinnies I still have major work to do! Time to start making soup again...have loads of beetroot ready in the garden and have a rather interesting recipe to try out. hmm

Okay I am still hungry so must get to bed or I will be raiding the fridge. Willpower is lacking a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now