Cambridge Diet, Lighter Life, Slim&Save - VLCD'ers gather over here!

(1000 Posts)

<pats comfy sofa>

<offers peppermint tea>

Welcome one and all to *^The New Thread !*^

Results for me on Slim and Save 10 weeks = 42 pounds!

grin

Week 11 is looking rubbish for me, but I have been (and continue to be actually) poorly.

Come and make yourselves comfy...

summerbreezer Sun 06-Oct-13 20:18:41

Angel! Do not beat yourself up. Gives Angel virtual slap.

That kind of thinking is what got you into this position in the first place - all or nothing, you are either out of control or in control.

You had one slip up, it is not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day. Make yourself a nice hot drink, watch Downton Abbey and remind yourself of all you have achieved in only three weeks.

only 1 pound off again this week sad, but then I had a wobble at the begining of the week, and I've only been properly back on plan since Thursday.

But, I have lost inches since I started - 1.5 off bust, 3 off waist and 3 off hips grin. And 17 pounds in total over 5 weeks isn't actually too shabby.

Must drink more water though, as I've only been managing around 1.5 litres, which is Not Good.

angelinterceptor Mon 07-Oct-13 08:50:50

week 3 weigh in this morning - 1 stone in 3 weeks - amazing really, even though I messed up at the weekend.

Feel motivated to try harder this week and keep on track at the weekend too - maybe for a better result next week.

isshoes Tue 08-Oct-13 21:52:56

Well done everyone on your losses! I have lost 7 pounds since last Weds- v happy! Also, I am loving this diet! Despite how restrictive it is, the following things are keeping me motivated:

1. I have lost half a stone!
2. I actually like most of the food and am not really missing anything.
3. I have not felt too hungry.
4. I feel in control for the first time in a long time.
5. I am enjoying not feeling stuffed after every meal, feeling sleepy after lunch etc..
6. I can see this actually working!

ChestyCoffin Thu 10-Oct-13 07:02:59

6 lbs off this week.

Total 42lbs or 3 stone smile

Such a way to go still tho sad

Moxiegirl Fri 11-Oct-13 20:22:47

That's great though chesty!
I have about 8.5 stone to lose but I'm thinking of it in stone segments. 13lbs off in total my first week and I also went back to Rosemary Conley, as finally I weigh less than last time I went grin
I need someone weighing me weekly and the exercise will help a bit.

angelinterceptor Mon 14-Oct-13 09:56:56

another 3lb off for me today - and there were a few slip ups last on saturday

that means 1st 3.5lb in 4 weeks - which I am happy with
still in size 18s though and more than 5 stone to go

Moxiegirl Mon 14-Oct-13 20:04:24

I've got dp to hide the scales as I get a bit obsessive and after the first week you don't see a loss every day!
Weighday is Thursday for me.
Finding it quite easy now, let's hope I stay like this!

angelinterceptor Tue 15-Oct-13 09:19:53

good luck Moxie -

MsJupiterJones Wed 16-Oct-13 20:23:09

Hi everyone, really interested to read all your stories. I've just started doing LL Lite, previously did Total in 2007 and lost 6.5 stone but since having my baby last year I have piled it back on plus some more, v annoyed with myself.

I've lost 1st8lbs since August, pleased with this on Lite esp as I've had a couple of weeks where I've relaxed a bit (but not gone off plan particularly). I was really tempted by the slim & save programme that some of you are doing but I felt like I needed the meetings and some support.

Exante some people do lose more slowly, and weight can fluctuate with your cycle etc. I also find sometimes it takes a week or two for your loss to catch up with you so stick with it and see how you get on. Good luck!

Objection Thu 17-Oct-13 22:14:10

Hello all [waves nervously]

I'm new to all this.

Started Exante on Tuesday and felt awful today. Feel really ashamed because I ate about 80g of dark chocolate today (but its "that time of the month" - does that make it any better?)

I've lost half a stone of water weight and ideally my target range is between 10 stone to 10 and a half. I'm 12st 8 at the moment...

Please tell me it gets easier, I'm hating this no sugar eating only sludge thing sad

Moxiegirl Fri 18-Oct-13 07:58:31

I find it gets easier, 17lbs off now after 2 weeks. I am off plan for 1 week at the end of this month as I'm going on holiday but as long as I get straight back on it on the Monday I think I will be fine.
I find doing slim and save and still going to a slimming club is the best combination for me smile
Hope you're all well!

Cheesyslice Sat 19-Oct-13 21:46:15

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in.

Day five of LL lite. Not going too badly, scales show 6lb down which is good but ohhhhhh the HUNGER PANGS. I'm actually fantasising about Haribo.

Weekends are hard, being in the office is so much easier. Hope you're all having a good weekend and not giving in to the cravings!

summerbreezer Sat 19-Oct-13 21:55:14

Hi all, welcome to all the newbies! LL definitely is tough in the beginning, but gets so much easier. It is now a tiny tiny part of my life - on normal diets, food choices were all I could think about!

I think the key with the weekend is to keep it busy! Today, I have met up with four friends I haven't seen in ages and tomorrow I'm doing a fun course at a local college. I'm trying to fill my life with people, not food.

Starting week six tomorrow - 25 lbs down!

Moxiegirl Sat 19-Oct-13 22:11:07

Really finding it hard tonight, I want wine and carbs. Not going to cave though confused

Cheesyslice Sun 20-Oct-13 08:24:13

summer I know what you mean about distracting yourself. I made an intricate play doh flower the other evening blush

I'm hoping it does get easier...fingers crossed. 25lbs in six weeks is amazing. Are you doing lite or total?

Am I the only one who is keeping this 'secret'? Obviously OH knows, and we're out for lunch today so I've been forced to confess to the couple we're going out with, but otherwise I make shakes / soups etc ninja style at work and drink them in a flask! I guess I just think it's no ones business and in all honesty I'm a bit embarrassed that I've got myself in a position where I'm doing LL.

Moxiegirl Sun 20-Oct-13 09:33:53

I'm quite open about it because I think I'm more likely to keep going, I've fallen off so many diets that I want to prove them wrong - I think they are all expecting me to fail this one too wink
I feel better this morning, just had a slim and save cafe latte with extra coffee grin

summerbreezer Sun 20-Oct-13 18:49:12

I'm doing Total. I'm open about it because I don't want to lie to my friends about why I am not eating with them.

When I explain the programme properly, everyone is very supportive. LL is about getting rid of the symptom (the weight) whilst dealing with the problem (your mind). I do not want to spend the rest of my life worrying about whether I have low carbed enough today, or whether I should have a fast day.

I want to eat normally and healthily without thinking about food. That's my dream. The only way to achieve that is to do the work on myself.

Glad you survived, Moxie. One technique I have utilised is to make myself a friendship bracelet - just one of those knotted ones you do at school. Each colour represents a different reason why I want to lose weight. I can then look at it whenever I feel a wobble and remind myself why I am on this journey.

Cheesyslice Sun 20-Oct-13 19:43:07

summer that makes absolute sense. Maybe when I've shifted a bit more weight I'll be more comfortable explaining what I'm doing.

moxie well done for not caving.

How much veg is everyone eating? I'm concerned I'm eating too much...probably not more than two cereal bowlfuls as per booklet but worried this might mean too many carbs.

Moxiegirl Sun 20-Oct-13 19:46:00

I eat quite a lot of veg with my tea, but I only have 4 packs per day instead of 5 (as am over 17st I could have 5 if I wanted) so I figure it balances out. I had swede 'chips' tonight smile

summerbreezer Sun 20-Oct-13 21:11:41

Remember Cheesy - you are doing this for you. This is the right decision for you. It was none of your friends or family's business when you put on the weight - and nor is it any of their business how you lose the weight.

I think part of the reason I am so happy to explain what I am doing to them is that I genuinely do not care about any negative reactions I might get. This is about me, not them.

Can't help on the veg front as I don't eat anything - but surely there is no such thing as too much veg? Isn't some veg lower carb than others?

summerbreezer Sun 20-Oct-13 21:14:33

Also, I feel like I made a bit of a break through today.

I am in my early 30's, and single. Part of the reason I am single is because I simply do not believe anyone could fancy me at 16 stone. Objectively I know that is untrue, but it isn't about objectivity, is it?

So now I'm 14 stone and a guy flirted with me today. Well, I think that is what he was doing. He might have just been nice. But the break through for me was that I thought he could be flirting with me. I was open to the possibility that someone might, just might, find me attractive.

To me, that is a greater achievement than anything the scales say.

Cheesyslice Mon 21-Oct-13 13:33:17

That's awesome summer. Did you flirt back?!

First weigh in tonight. Gah. Scary.

angelinterceptor Mon 21-Oct-13 14:56:02

bad week - disappointing only 1lb loss for week 5

all in the right direction - but cant believe some people are geting 4 or 5lb losses.

summerbreezer Mon 21-Oct-13 18:13:57

I think I did Cheesy, but I am so out of practice I don't really know! All the best with the weigh in.

Angel - it happens. Don't let it throw you off course. Any slip ups this week? Getting enough water and gentle exercise?

I lose about 3lbs a week. No more, no less. I don't know many people who consistently lose 4 or 5lbs after the first couple of weeks.

This thread is not accepting new messages.