Help! Slimfast or Slimming World? Deviating from Weightwatchers..

(2 Posts)
emsyj Thu 27-Jun-13 21:22:05

I switched from WeightWatchers to Slimming World when I started to find myself feeling hungry ALL the time and felt I needed more food. It was okay for the first week and I felt that I was able to eat a lot more, but it was very hard to get my head around the rules and quite restrictive in a lot of ways - WW is a lot more flexible IMO.

I only lasted 2 weeks on SW as it was too difficult to learn all the rules and I got bored with eating Mullerlights. I have just had my second baby and plan to defect to the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet to lose my baby weight (when I finish breastfeeding). I think it would fit in better with a regular takeaway habit - although eating takeaway twice a week sounds like a lot to me, whether you're looking to lose weight or not.

I've done WW on and off for 3 years, lost 2 stone initially, went back and maintained (should have been losing though blush ), left to have a baby then started back 2 months ago. I'm really struggling to stay on track, my mind just isn't on it. To be honest I lost it about when we converted to ProPoints.
Anyway, considering my loss of enthusiasm for the plan, I'm thinking of trying something different. A friend has suggested Slimfast (which she says has given her loads of energy - she looks fab) or Slimming World. SW looks better than when I looked into it 3 years ago, now they've ditched red and green days, but I just wanted to canvass opinions on both.

I cook most nights, but we do like takeaways - once or twice a week we'll have a chippy/indian/chinese/mcdonalds. I know its no good for weightloss but we enjoy it and moderate it.

Has anyone else been in this situation and found success elsewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now