Healthy, Revolutionary and Gorgeous!

(1000 Posts)
SixPackWellies Sun 26-May-13 08:25:07

Good morning Fellow Revolutionaries. Welcome to Thread 2!

Me today:

coffee with soy milk
2 ryvitas with half an avocado
spicy tomato soup (homemade) with a green salad
Small portion of roast pork, with lost of veg, a tablespoon of gravy!

Onwards and Downwards!

Emilythornesbff Sat 20-Jul-13 11:34:40

Mmmmmmm fleurie.....

Thank you baking and hazel

twinklestar2 Sat 20-Jul-13 17:42:28

Re drinking, it's a tough habit to break. I tried all year to get OH to do a dry month with me. In the end, it was the fact that we couldn't get pregnant that made him stop. He has a couple here and there but never during the week. If you can stop the drinking in the week I think that's a good start? Why not just do it yourself and see if OH follows suit?

LegoCaltrops Sun 21-Jul-13 10:46:46

Lol at 'It's like we're being secretly ruled by a bloody chateau'. I agree. I rarely drink much but DH often has a drink & it gives me the rage sometimes. Obviously I have my own issues due to family history of alcohol abuse, DH doesn't really drink to excess very often but does he have to have a beer every damned evening. Don't know if I'm being a bit over sensitive though & should just relax a bit, it's not DH fault my dad is a knob.

Emilythornesbff Mon 22-Jul-13 17:49:50

Hi fellow (melting) revolutionaries.
Gosh it's warm.
The drinking thing is interesting I think.
I used to drink a fair bit. Now I can't I can really see how funny ppl are about it.
My DH likes his wine. I find it really annoying that he thinks it's ok to spend all that money on drinking alcohol every day. There's just no need for that unless you're an alcoholic. And I think ppl get quite defensive about it too. I can see how it can easily become a problem tbh. I think twinkle has a very good point. It usually takes something significant to break the habit. It's just so sanctioned in our culture.

Anyway. I've been eating a bit too much over the weekend. I am fasting today but not a zero fast. Had a couple of cherry toms and half a BBQ-d chicken breast at about 5pm. Oh, and a banana. So I guess that would be <500 cals but I'm finding the zero fasts more difficult lately. I am very tired though as dd is up twice for feeding in the night. [self pity]
I still really need to eat more mindfully and "sensibly" on NFDs I think.

Not sure what to do tomorrow. I need to go crockery shopping so I should plan a few days of food.
O&D FRs.

Hazelbrowneyes Tue 23-Jul-13 08:45:51

Morning! Yesterday was M.A.N.I.C. at work so I didn’t have time to post. A quick recap of this weekends food

Saturday:
B – raisin pastry thing
L – tuna salad – I only had the tuna and cucumber, took too much effort to eat anything else
D – BBQ – breadsticks and dip, tomato and mozzarella, 1 burger, 1 piece garlic bread. That was it. I ignored everything else that was on offer. It was too hot to eat.
S – Wine (about 1.5 bottles I think), Slice of giant jaffa cake (DHs birthday cake), sea salt and butterscotch truffle (note, just one!)

Sunday:
B – 3 slices of bacon (thanks MIL), fried egg, beans
No lunch
D – Olives, parma ham, tomato and onion salad, potatoes
S – cheese and biscuits, ice cream wafer, bottle of wine

Monday:
B – pain au chocolat (my banning of pastries didn’t happen)
L – cheese salad
D – chicken and stilton salad – seriously yummy.
S – cheese and biscuits, cereal bar. NO WINE. NO OTHER SNACKS. Woohoo!

Today:
B – pain au chocolat
L – egg sandwiches
D – no idea. We have steak, lamb steaks and more chicken in the fridge
S – I only have a cereal bar with me.

Back down to 9st. Dreaded TOM this weekend though so I’m sure I’ll put a few lbs on.

I’m so pleased I didn’t drink yesterday. DH went to the pub and I thought, “sod it, I’ll have one” but I didn’t. I then decided to have an icecream instead, but I didn’t. I wrapped his birthday presents and wrote his card instead. He’s not got the most loving of messages in his card as I was cross that he went to the pub grin

He did only have 2 pints instead of 3 and he didn’t drink at all at home which is a start I guess. I made it clear that I wasn’t happy though. He’s agreed to give it a few weeks and if he hasn’t cut down then he’ll go to see the life coach about it. I think he has realised that it’s turning into a breaking point for me – I don’t want to be with someone who is dependent on alcohol. He doesn’t believe he is but he couldn’t remember the last time he didn’t have a drink and I think that shocked him a bit. We’ll see. Part of the issue for me is most definitely the money – when I’m buying clothes in Tesco, I do resent our money being pissed away in the pub. The main part is the effect alcohol has. He’s said we need a hobby which worries me that he needs something to keep his mind off alcohol but that is something he can work through with the life coach. Of course, he has no idea what hobby he wants hmm It’s his birthday tomorrow so I’m not going to nag him too much this week.

Good news is I have a dress for Goodwood! It’s from Tesco (I cannot get over how good their clothes are at the moment. I secretly don’t mind buying from Tesco but DH isn’t to know that!)

dress

I also bought:
trousers for work

dress for work

and another dress for work

Oh and a pair of blue polka dot wedges and a black top with polka dots and hearts. So all I need now are some shoes to go with my dress for goodwood…

twinklestar2 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:20:10

Well done for not drinking hazel! And glad your OHs realising he needs to cut back too. You can do it together!

You're right, it's such a waste of money. We've saved so much since OH cut back, we've managed to redo our whole living room without spending on the credit cards. We'd moan we didn't have any money but happily waste money on booze. Madness really! So well done to you both!

Bakingnovice Tue 23-Jul-13 10:35:00

Hi everyone. Not really dieting at the moment. Just totally exhausted with lots going on. My weight is stable though am am enjoying the running.

Hazelbrowneyes Wed 24-Jul-13 08:45:32

Morning,

baking Hope you’re feeling less exhausted soon. Keep up with the running, sounds like you’re doing good x

Thanks twinkle smile

Didn’t drink last night either and…..neither did DH. grin Of course, it’s his birthday today so we will both be drinking tonight but it was so nice to know that he’d actually taken on board what I’d said.

Yesterday:
B – pain au chocolat
L – egg sandwiches
D – steak with salad, chips & onion rings (chips & onion rings deepfried blush)
S – cereal bar

So I feel like I’m finally getting to grips with the snacking!

Today:
B – pain au chocolat
L – egg salad
D – no idea, I expect we’ll go out for dinner
S – cereal bar

I read somewhere (may have been on here actually) that cravings only last for 20 minutes so I’m holding on to that and running with it. I don’t care if it’s true or not, it’s helping me to cut down on the snacks grin

Hope all FRs are ok xx

Emilythornesbff Wed 24-Jul-13 09:44:42

Ok. Firstly I did not go crockery shopping (thank you auto-incorrect!) I'm not sure I ever have.
I did go grocery shopping though. Lidl. DH complained about the wine I bought. I may just pour it over his stupid head grin.

Fasted Monday and today. I ate "healthily" enough yesterday but still over did it tbh. Toast and jam for breakfast, apple and an almond praline bar (basically almonds smothered in caramelised sugar) as snacks.
Lunch: little bit of bruschetta and salad followed by a large helping of homemade chocolate ice cream blush.
Dinner: homemade lamb kofta with rice, salad, pita bread, dips. Then yogurt with halva. Then...... A mini magnum. Oh and a sodding cereal bar. This is a combination of comfort eating (tired and stressed) and pre-fast panic eating. I need to move my fasting days and (yawn) deal with the emotional eating. <rolls eyes>.

Well done hazel with not drinking and "happy birthday" to your DH.

baking So impressed with your running. I must try to get some exercise in.

Hi twinkle

Fasting today. I will try for a fluid only so my calories will just be the milk in a few teas and coffees.

SixPackWellies Wed 24-Jul-13 10:35:54

Good morning! Sorry, have not been posting as not had much to write. 'Juice fast bah blah blah'.

Well done Hazel on not drinking, and talking to your DH about it. Hope you enjoy the celebrations tonight! The 20 minute cravings idea is an interesting one.

had a bad few days that featured takeaway indian, takeawy Chinese (where I asked for chicken kung pao but somehow got fried tofu with shrimps and eggs, and it was divine) and also lots of cider over the weekend. Back on the fasting, with a proper lunch in the middle of the day (so green juice, lunch, red juice) and will weigh in on Saturday as want a good run at it. Do I dare hope I get to 10 stone 5?? (Fingers crossed as I type). I have not been that low since severe morning sickness. It may not happen courtesy my horrendous eating weekend, but we shall see.... here's hoping!!!!

On saving money when giving up things- my DM used to smoke heavily, and when she gave up she put the amount she saved into a separate bank account. At the end of one year she had enough to buy herself a beautiful emerald and diamond ring AND a gold necklace. That was 20 odd years ago now, and she has something really tangible.

I reckon not drinking at all during the week is a great idea. I plan to instead of mucking around with 'dry months' or whatever, to just make it the policy. No drinking from Sunday-Thursday.

O&D FR!

twinklestar2 Wed 24-Jul-13 12:52:48

well done Hazel and your OH for not drinking and happy birthday to your OH for today.

wellies - what a good idea re the saving. We brought an ipad with the money we saved.

SixPackWellies Thu 25-Jul-13 07:38:14

Morning Fellow Revolutionaries!

Hope you had a good celebration Hazel.

Me yesterday -

green juice
stirfried peppers, onions with fajita seasoning and cucumber with natural yoghurt.
1 slice of ham and cheese

I felt hungry mid-afternoon so ate the ham and cheese then that did me for the rest of the day.

Today - am planning the same, but without the ham and cheese!

O&D!

Yesterday someone asked me if I had lost weight. smile

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 25-Jul-13 09:56:37

weep my head hurts.

Had a lovely evening with DH at one of our favourite Italians.

Yesterday looked a bit like this:
B – pain au chocolat
L – egg salad
D – parma ham with sundried tomatoes and beautiful bread followed by crap and asparagus risotto. Then I had to have sorbet – lemon, orange and mango. Yum.
S – mini cheddars
Alcohol – 2 glasses white wine, 2 glasses of prosecco, ½ bottle of red wine, 2 shots of amaretto.

I was awake most of the night with palpitations. I feel shocking today. Obviously, I’ve screwed up healthy eating for two days as I’m in desperate need of a carb fest today. I’m even considering fish and chips.

I’ve also only just remembered I’m out for dinner on Saturday. Chinese. Helllllllo weight gain.

Thanks for all DHs birthday wishes.

wellies It’s lovely when people ask if you’ve lost weight isn’t it? Well done, sounds like you’re doing well.

Emily hope fasting went well yesterday.

SixPackWellies Thu 25-Jul-13 10:28:36

Oooh Hazel ouch for your head. have a huge cup of tea with a sugar, a bacon butty and take a panadol. You'll be right as rain, and will not have compounded the damage. Then herbal teas all day to rehydrate.

Your meal though sounds glorious... mmmm......... (not sure about the crap risotto though wink ) I have been fantasising about crab and chilli linguine, a Delia recipe. Maybe this weekend.

I am now officially starving. I must be. I saw a squashed malteser on the footpath today and seriously for a second contemplated picking it up! I do not even like chocolate! So, I am adding chicken breast to my fajitas as I do not want to just go wild and binge so possibly need a bit of oomph into my meal.

I did a sneaky weigh in today after I had had two cups of black coffee, a pint of water and my green juice (which is about a pint also, and I was holding at 10 stone 7.... so am hoping this means I might have lost and got to my 10 stone 5 aim. Not weighing in until Saturday though... if I can last!!!!

How is every else doing?

SixPackWellies Thu 25-Jul-13 10:32:19

You know Hazel re-reading your Italian extravaganza, you really did not eat badly at all. The wine might have scuppered you a bit, but food wise it was all good stuff. smile

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 25-Jul-13 11:06:34

WAAAAAAH! Crab CRAB risotto!

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 25-Jul-13 11:11:15

wellies crab & chilli linguine is one of my favourite meals ever. If you're ever in Jersey, go to St Brelade's Bay and visit the crab shack. Amazing food.

Fingers crossed for 10st 5!

I am currently devouring a bag of S&V crisps before fish and chips for lunch. I'm so hungover, I'm past caring about what I eat today! I'll start again tomorrow.

SixPackWellies Thu 25-Jul-13 11:20:33

Sounds to me like a day 'off' is just what you need. smile Enjoy.

I would dearly love to visit Jersey... one day. I have a thing about Islands..... my fantasy would to be live alone on an Island with just DH and the family (and a pub).

twinklestar2 Thu 25-Jul-13 11:47:10

hehe Hazel sounds like you had fun! Enjoy your day off the diet!

well done wellies, you'll be at 10 5 in no time!

Emilythornesbff Thu 25-Jul-13 16:35:49

Yay for NSV sixpack nothing quite like someone noticing.Fingers crossed for Saturday.

hazel your celebration meal sounds fab. Nurse your hangover and resume HE tomorrow.

Good fast yesterday.
Forgot to WI this morning blush
Toast for breakfast, ham and avocado sandwich for lunch. Ice cream cone (ok so far for a NFD)
Then I made a batch of bastard bastarding brownies to take to a friend's house. Well. Sampling complete, they are good and I shall take what's left of them to my friend tomorrow as planned.
Dinner: spaghetti with something dolloped on top.

And I don't care how hungry I get I'm not liking the sound of crap risotto grin

SixPackWellies Fri 26-Jul-13 06:57:25

Good morning!

Mmmm...... brownies..... I am in a bit of a baking mode right now... yesterday made courgette and corn muffins for the DCs to try and get them to eat courgette.

I am here to tell you that despite planning to WI tomorrow, I could not resist and I am ....

[drumroll]

10 stone 5.

I got tears in my eyes. So, not quite but nearly a stone off since I started the first thread at the end of January. it has been slow though!! I am so happy.

This weekend I plan to stick to juices and one meal, but will switch my meal to the evening so I am a bit more sociable! We are going out tomorrow anyway and then on Sunday might have a takeaway. So... I plan to make good choices, not go wild, have my (yummy!) green juices and to drink alcohol sparingly.

I will be happy if I can lose another 2 pounds or so for next week's weigh in, but also happy if I can maintain 10 stone 5. My goal of 9 stone 10-ish seems almost in sight.

O& DW FR!!!!!

Emilythornesbff Fri 26-Jul-13 07:56:49

Hurrah sixpack

<shakes Pom Poms vigorously>
That's really great.

Please let me know if the courgette muffins were well received.

LegoCaltrops Fri 26-Jul-13 08:11:57

Hello fellow revs.

Good news & bad news this morning.

Good news - had a sneaky weigh in, am 10st 1lb. Hell yeah!

Bad news - did some baking for the work charity thing today. It's not cooked through. So we now have four pounds of chocolate chip cake that's only suitable for serving hot. I suspect that is not going to help my weight loss... Plus I need to buy something from the shop for work as well & face the embarrassment (usually I turn up with loads, last time it was about 100 American style cookies). Ah well.

LegoCaltrops Fri 26-Jul-13 08:21:06

Whoops sorry horrendous x post! Congratulations sixpack!

O&D FRs

Bakingnovice Fri 26-Jul-13 14:04:51

Woohoo wellies. You are setting the best of examples esteemed leader. Send some weight loss fairy dust over 'ere wouldya?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.