My water diet

(259 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Sat 25-May-13 09:51:42

I need to loose weight. but how?

I'm far too busy to concentrate on what I eat, how much and when.

It stresses met out when I have to prepare special foods & drinks for myself in advance because we are going to a friends' or have guests or travelling or whatever.

We have 6 kids and I'm just so busy. 4 at school, 2 at home, there's always something more important than weighing and calculating my little portions of pasta.
I always get interrupted and distracted.

Plus baby is only 13 months and is a mummy's girl, so I rarely get anything done - like tidying or being organized.
I'm not even going to talk about lack of sleep.

the house is a mess and I DH is about to have an operation, then there are holidays and birthdays and so on. It's just too much.

Weight Watchers always worked for me, so my plan is to go back in September, but as for now I can not fully commit to it.
I can't do it half-arsed.

that's all very well, but what about for the next 3 months?
my birthday is at the end of August and we are going on holiday and I really want to loose about 2 stones (which I did with WW 2 years ago, so I know I can) and wear my prettier clothes and feel just healthier.

So I came up with an idea.

WATER DIET!

I've heard countless of times and from various sources that half the time (or so) we eat because we are thirsty, not hungry. that not enough water is one of the reasons we over-eat.

so I thought that I will drink 2 litres of water everyday and will not worry about what I eat and when and how much. And see if that makes a difference.

See if it helps me reduce cravings, if it fills me up to reduce food intake.
or flush out toxins. or help me feel less tired.
And most importantly if it helps me to get slimmer.
I've got nothing to loose - just the extra weight!grin

Join me if you like.

mumat39 Fri 23-Aug-13 01:17:10

I wish Zing. envy

I'll be 45 in September. :-(

Xxx

ZingWantsCake Fri 23-Aug-13 01:19:45

you tricked me with your username! grin

Tinwe Fri 23-Aug-13 21:56:46

Mumat - Not sure really, I should have watched more closely. I enter my weight every few days on My Fat Secret so working back from my current run and my nearest weigh in I reckon at least half a stone over the past month grin I have been sensible but not strict with my diet and with quite a few splurges over that time. I lost another half a stone over a few weeks before that by being very careful with my diet but much prefer my current weight loss method as I get to be much more relaxed about my diet and am toning up too so my shape is changing smile

I lost a stone last year and some weight quickly after DD2 was born so I daren't think how big I was at my heaviest confused

Tinwe Fri 23-Aug-13 21:58:26

Happy birthday Zing!

ZingWantsCake Fri 23-Aug-13 22:55:26

thanks tin & mumat39!

we had a lovely & busy day

how are you both?

mumat39 Sat 24-Aug-13 01:33:45

Hi again.

Glad you had a good day Zing! We didn't do much. We'll be moving mid September and we have so much stuff that I made a start today. So far I have 8 large boxes of toys, and that's not all of them. I've culled them but we still have loads. shock

Hope you're having a weekend long birthday and that your family are spoiling you rotten. thanks , wine or brew for you. Xxx

Tinwe, you sound so enthusiastic about running! I love your idea of exercising so you can relax about food. I had no idea running would help with changing your shape either.

Have a lovely weekend xxx

ZingWantsCake Sat 24-Aug-13 23:14:57

I sent you both a pm with details of new thread!

if you can't find it just let me know here and I'll link it in the morning!

thanks again for your contribution and I declare this "diet" finished. smile
all the best!

(pm me any time!)

Isitme1 Fri 30-Aug-13 13:49:55

Hellloooo wheres the new thread?? Been lurking and this all sounds very promising x

ZingWantsCake Fri 30-Aug-13 15:12:12

hi isitme1

the new thread is in chat

"Zing's Drink more water Christmas challenge - join me!"

advance search my name, you'll find it!

see you there!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now