Snow Watch Part 4. The Winter continues....

(921 Posts)

met office warnings For tomorrow for Scotland and NW England, extending to Yorkshire. NW Scotlant in particular looks awful with blizzard conditions.

I'm not quite sure about the warnings for England, I'm going to be really interested to see how they pan out. Tuesday scattered sleet and snow showers for many.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 04-Feb-13 23:33:11

IT'S SO WINDY!!!!!! I think my chimney might fall down <worried>

GoingGoingGoth Mon 04-Feb-13 23:50:34

Just peeped out of window, we've got snow! It missed us the last time -actually a little bit excited.

Pan Tue 05-Feb-13 00:03:13

manky - just been out to the bins and it's snowing in Glossop. Didn't see that one coming!

We could play road closure bingo. snake, cat, and woodhead... etc.

Pan Tue 05-Feb-13 00:09:58

oh yes. Snake and Woodhead will close. Just looked at BBC - forecast is for the white stuff all night and til tomorrow tea-time. The Snow Queen that is dd will be v happy in the morning.

The cat is already closed.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Tue 05-Feb-13 00:22:30

Well, not sure what tomorrow will bring here, so I'll just wait and see grin

PigletJohn Tue 05-Feb-13 00:44:53

7C on the sunny coast, although the forecast said mixed rain and snow. I see none.

Up in the North beyond Petersfield it might be bad though.

Blimey, it's been so warm down here on the South coast I'd forgotten about snow. DH travels regularly to Manchester, he's going to fall asleep when he leaves here in a t shirt and wake up in Siberian conditions isn't he!

reastie Tue 05-Feb-13 06:23:49

marking place on new thread

Oodsigma Tue 05-Feb-13 06:46:45

When dh left work last night there was no snow yet they were reporting hazardous driving on m6, 10 miles away !

Woken to a dusting of snow - I want more!

Yay, just a light dusting here grin Am delighted!

digerd Tue 05-Feb-13 07:39:33

South Herts
Those clear skies last night made the temperature sink to +1. Sky this morning again mainly blue. Still +1. No wind atm

Bitchydragons, I don't think so, I expect it was a gust front. However, if when you are out and about you find evidence of damage please can you pm me and I'll have a chat with those with access to backdated radar etc. Thanks smile

Sparklingbrook Tue 05-Feb-13 07:43:05

Morning OYBBK. Worcestershire calling. It's really cold. sad Windscreen not frozen but car roof is. confused

Virgil Tue 05-Feb-13 07:44:50

We have about an inch here in Notts and there is still a little coming down. Red skies in the distance so possibly more on the way?

GoingGoingGoth Tue 05-Feb-13 08:16:47

Slight covering in Glasgow. It should last the school run, but not enough for snowballs sad

imogengladhart Tue 05-Feb-13 08:19:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pan Tue 05-Feb-13 08:27:37

Local schools closed round here.

PigletJohn Tue 05-Feb-13 09:25:37

sunny, heating off, windows open (again)

Bit gusty last night up to 30kph and heavy shower.

Sparklingbrook Tue 05-Feb-13 09:26:30

It's snowing now. sad That wasn't meant to happen. angry

Gridlock in my neck of the woods - no sign of a gritter.

Dh had to go the long way to work as there was an accident on the M60.

More snow/hail and lighning this morning, and its currently snowing again.

Schools are open here but the way it is snowing it wouldn't surprise me if they close early.

OYBBK It would't surprise me if it was a gust front. But the way it stomped through and the weather went from a little bit of hail to BAM crash woosh did make you wonder if it might be a possibility. If I hear anything I will pm you.

Alternating between blue sky with bright sunshine/blizzard and hail. No idea what it will be from one minute to the next!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now