To ask if you will be leaving work early today because of the snow?

(17 Posts)
KenAdams Mon 14-Jan-13 13:13:36

And when/ how you'll make that call? DH told me to let him know if it gets bad enough for him to come home but I'm not entirely sure how I make that decision confused

curbyburr Mon 14-Jan-13 13:19:29

Yes...But i work in Alaska

No, seeing as we haven't got any in this part of Gloucestershire

Paiviaso Mon 14-Jan-13 13:25:52

No. There is less than an inch of snow of the ground here, and the roads are clear. It is still snowing but doesn't seem to be sticking (not to the road anyway). No reason to leave early.

I'm staying at work late and then going horse riding smile

LaurieBlueBell Mon 14-Jan-13 13:26:03

Oh bugger off, we haven't got any snow.

Can you tell how jealous I am grin

I've been in since 11.30 after being sent home grin I'm now on weather watch for dp as he's very jealous!

DizzyZebra Mon 14-Jan-13 13:27:38

The coutry doesn't need to come to a standstill over a dusting of snow. When we are 4 or 5 ft deep in it then maybe.

kinkyfuckery Mon 14-Jan-13 13:27:41

No snow here.

EuroShagmore Mon 14-Jan-13 13:29:12

There was about an inch in SE London when I left this morning. It has been snowing quite heavily for the past hour or two in the City but has stopped not.

I won't be leaving early and plan to go to the gym by my office after work, so I will be home later than usual.

OldBeanbagz Mon 14-Jan-13 13:30:21

It'd be hard to justify finishing work early because of the snow because i work from home (so don't even have to go outside).

I was hoping that the school would send the kids home early as i need a good excuse to stop working and play in the snow but it hasn't happened sad

Emsmaman Mon 14-Jan-13 13:32:43

I am, but making up the time. Just in case trains are a mess!

KenAdams Mon 14-Jan-13 14:10:02

Laurie its really coming down now grin

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Jan-13 16:41:47

Hi everyone,

We're going to move this to weather in just a mo.

discorabbit Mon 14-Jan-13 16:44:12

'the country doesn't need to come to a standstill' driving home from work in the snow earlier was horrific, sorry it does cause the world to slow down!

KenAdams Fri 18-Jan-13 12:02:45

Bumping to ask the same about today!

digerd Fri 18-Jan-13 16:30:34

South Herts
Had sunny days for the last 2, and until 9.30 this morning there was no new snow, and most had gone from Monday.
Now it's been snowing on and off and have loads.
My DD went into work - 40 minute journey- this morning before it started snowing, but got back home early.
I'm worried I won't get my groceries delivered tomorrow by Tesco.

cookielove Fri 18-Jan-13 16:33:41

Also in herts and its been snowing constantly from 9am, i wasn't sent home earlier although left earlier as i wanted to get my new car. However many staff have left early today. And lots of the children (nursery) were picked up early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now