What to feed 7m old on holiday

(7 Posts)
SilverSixpence Fri 23-Aug-13 13:24:38

Moaning my dd is not that advanced I think! I haven't tried her with any meat or pasta yet, she doesn't seem to manage anything too lumpy yet.

BBQ - DS would have sausages (not loads because of the salt), sandwiches, and pasta at 7m without a problem.

Maybe easier to store actual fruit (pears, peaches) than purees, I imagine it will not be a week with loads of veg grin I don't think the frozen puree will work. Some assorted pouches/jars for back up if she likes them, but I would plan on sharing the normal food and see how it goes. Takes some suitable bowls, have you got a seat/highchair type thing for camping?

apachepony Fri 23-Aug-13 11:31:10

Avocado goes down well here, cream cheese,, pasta & low salt pesto ( we're blw so last might 't suit)

SilverSixpence Fri 23-Aug-13 11:27:53

We're going to be having a BBQ, sandwiches, maybe pasta. I'm thinking baby rice/porridge for breakfast, pouch or mashed banana for lunch could also boil broccoli and mash for dinner Although she wasn't keen on it when I've made it before. I have frozen cubes of carrot broccoli and apple purees but wasn't sure they would keep? Maybe the first day would be fine

TheDetective Fri 23-Aug-13 11:07:30

Bread sticks, ham, cucumber with the skin off, dried fruit, mashed banana, weetabix. All those go down very well here. The ham might be a problem if you don't have a fridge though. So perhaps forget that one!

Is there particular stuff that you will be eating, that she can't have for some reason?

SilverSixpence Fri 23-Aug-13 10:55:12

We are camping at the weekend with 7m old dd, just wondering what sort of things I can feed her? We do a mix of self feeding and purée, eg she has a rice cake spread with purée for breakfast and I feed her the rest of puree in bowl. So far I have banana and rice cakes, can also use the pouches but wondered if there are any other ideas! We have a cool box but don't think there will be a fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now