Am I overfeeding DS ??

(5 Posts)
mumtosp Fri 10-May-13 18:59:31

thanks all smile

frazzledbutcalm Fri 03-May-13 21:21:31

With my 4 I was guided by them. Ds1 weaned very slowly. Dd1 went to 3 meals a day literally straight away! Be guided by your ds, trust your instincts. Some days he may eat more than others. By 7 months, I think mine were all on 3 meals a day.

Second Strange on that - they don't lose the self-regulation until sometime after their first birthday and if they're already used to knowing when they're full, then they shouldn't IYSWIM?

StrangeGlue Fri 03-May-13 21:00:48

Babies are really good at self regulation it's us adults who ruin that with the 'just a bit more' and 'you have to clean your plate'. As long as you respond by stopping when he indicates he's done and don't push more you'll be fine.

mumtosp Fri 03-May-13 20:51:33

Hi all,

DS is almost 7 months old and we are now on 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner). How do I know if I am overfeeding him ??

We tried BLW but it didn't work for us - he wasn't interested in feeding himself... but loves his purees (literally squeals with excitement when he knows he's about to get lunch or dinner smile )

We have this and each pot is 60 ml. So this afternoon he had 2 pots of sweet potato followed by 2 teaspoons of apple puree - was that too much ??
He does turn away when he doesn't want any more, but this afternoon I stopped feeding him myself (before he could refuse) as I thought he had already had enough...

Thanks in advance for all your help !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now