Quick question about food safety

(6 Posts)

I'm always doing this! I now set a timer on my phone to remind me when something's done! I did what you did with pear, & ended up binning it, as the pear smelt all smoky & yuck. I don't think it would be harmful to eat though, just maybe not very tasty.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 22:04:01

It should clean with dry sand smile

HoppinMad Wed 01-May-13 22:00:53

Jilted I posted in chat too because ofno responses here at the time, the wise mnetters there like smartie wink too said if it seems ok then it should be fine.. though it did smell a little burnt after.

So i decided to take afew pieces our for me to have with my tea and froze the rest. Will wait 24 hours and if i'm ok then i'll be assured its fine for dc.

Getting the black pan clean is a bloody mission! Cleaned some of it with brillo but soaked it now overnight and will attack the rest of it tomorrow.

Smartiepants79 Wed 01-May-13 21:21:19

If it tastes ok, should be fine.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 21:19:10

What did you decide?

HoppinMad Wed 01-May-13 17:14:04

I have just had sweet potatoes on in the steamer for dc2 who is now 8 months old, quite abit to mash and freeze. However silly me forgot all about it, and whilst upstairs ironing I smelt something burning and rushed downstairs. The steamer pan which contains the water has gone all black after the water evaporated, however the potatoes look fine and taste ok (I think, weird tastebuds can never tell).

Would it be safe for baby or should i bin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now