Suction Bowls

(13 Posts)

Is there such a thing as a suction bowl which actually stays put? I bought the 'unbelieve a bowl' today for 5 bloody quid and ds had it off in about 10 seconds!

Pascha Sun 30-Dec-12 14:47:09

Nope.

notcitrus Sun 30-Dec-12 14:48:10

Doubt it. But then ds was doing childproof caps by a year...

Guess I'll just keep mopping the floor then!

mamawharton Sun 30-Dec-12 19:52:50

can't fault my tommy tippie one and dd gave it a good try!

Which one is it? I'm returning the one I bought so could try the tt one next. I'm not quiet ready to admit defeat yet!

mamawharton Mon 31-Dec-12 09:49:56

tommy tippie magic mat and easy scoop bowls have worked wonders for us

Beamur Mon 31-Dec-12 09:51:58

My DD sussed these in seconds too...I didn't bother spending more money on trying all the different types!

I'll try the tt one and if that doesn't work I'll give up. Ds really wants to feed himself his porridge and his spoon to mouth coordination is great but getting porridge onto the spoon just results in porridge on the floor!

HearMyRoar Tue 01-Jan-13 09:35:20

You could try having the highchair tray a bit wet and this will help the suction, though dd soon worked out she could shove it to the edge of the tray and get it off that way hmm

vj32 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:48:13

I found DS was throwing the bowl less when it wasn't a suction bowl, as it didn't present him with challenge to pull it off. So suction bowls lasted only a few weeks in our house.

MousyMouse Tue 01-Jan-13 21:54:19

nope.
they make for a great catapult...
we used the 2 bowl approach, one with very little in for dc and one for me to load spoons from.

LiviaAugusta Tue 01-Jan-13 22:17:43

Suction bowls and magic mat both ended up as very messy frisbees here within a couple of days... Not bothered with any sort of bowl yet with DD, she eats from her tray as when she throws stuff at least it's in small bits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now