High calorie, non-constipating foods for 8 month old.

(10 Posts)
HenriettaTurkey Tue 18-Dec-12 13:27:20

DS is BLW, and still having 5-6 feeds a day which is fine while I'm home. But in February I'll be back at work ft, and DH will be SAHP. So we are looking to find easy to eat, filling foods to introduce to DS to help cut down his feeds a little.

He loves bread but this can constipate him...

Any suggestions?

TickledOnion Tue 18-Dec-12 13:40:48

Avocado, banana, hummus, tahini and cheese are all high calorie.
I make these cheese and vegetable muffins and freeze them. Defrost in the microwave and spread with one of the above makes an easy meal. You can add lots of things to the muffins, different veg, mashed chickpeas, ham etc
Or make a batch of stuff like stew or meatballs and freeze in little portions.
Not sure what foods are non-constipating, sorry.

FadBook Tue 18-Dec-12 13:56:01

Eggs, especially egg yolk, full of good fats and quite filling. Either scrambled, boiled, poached, fried, eggy bread! My dd loves eggs (probably because I do!)

HenriettaTurkey Tue 18-Dec-12 13:57:33

Some lovely ideas there, thanks Onion! I think banana tends to bung him up but the rest look lovely. Mmm...muffins!

HenriettaTurkey Tue 18-Dec-12 13:57:38

Some lovely ideas there, thanks Onion! I think banana tends to bung him up but the rest look lovely. Mmm...muffins!

HenriettaTurkey Tue 18-Dec-12 13:58:48

Aha - we are clearly on the right track then as we had cheesy egg and cucumber sticks for lunch!

mamaonion Thu 20-Dec-12 18:53:22

Dried fruits are very nutritious as a snack or pudding and help with constipation. Dried apricots are packed with iron and lots of other goodness, when my ds was pit younger would cut them into bite size pieces, now he just holds it and chews it.

sleepywombat Fri 21-Dec-12 04:34:45

Papaya

sleepywombat Fri 21-Dec-12 04:36:21

Lots of good fats - eggs, avocado, butter etc. Add olive oil to his foods.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 21-Dec-12 18:25:46

Have you spoken to a BFC about your return to work? She might have some good tips. Try the National Bfing Helpline smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now