Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Reaction to boosters & mmr

(9 Posts)
Icelollycraving Sun 14-Apr-13 21:40:16

Ds had the mmr & boosters on Friday. He was fine until today. Raging temp,no rash & generally not himself. Giving calpol & nurofen altenately. Temp comes down then. Is this normal & how long does it last?

Icelollycraving Sun 14-Apr-13 21:45:47

Btw these were the vaccinations normally given at around a year. He is 21 months. Every time they've been booked he has been unwell so that's why late. The nurse said there would be no problem with him having them late. Unrelated (I assume) he has had terrible constipation & so was given lactulose. Yesterday,he started coughing a little but I've had a cough so he may have picked that up from me.
Any advice gratefully received.

CatherinaJTV Sun 14-Apr-13 21:52:14

Normally, reactions should have happened within a few hours and then maybe in a week because of the MMR. If this is vaccine induced, he should be a lot better tomorrow morning. If he is not, call your doctor. Hope all will be well, hang in there!

Icelollycraving Sun 14-Apr-13 21:54:29

Thank you. Fingers crossed sad

Poppins27 Sun 14-Apr-13 22:03:51

My Dd had hers the week before last and the nurse advised me that the rash and swollen glands don't usually preset themselves for about 8/9 days after the jabs. But unfortunately I can't for the life if me think if she mentioned symptoms that could appear so soon?!? Hope your lo is feeling better soon.

Icelollycraving Sun 14-Apr-13 22:08:15

I did ask if he'd need calpol & she said probably not. She did say about the poss symptoms in just over a week.

Icelollycraving Sun 14-Apr-13 23:50:18

He has a streaming nose now. Guess it could be a heavy cold hmm

Icelollycraving Tue 16-Apr-13 10:12:00

Well he doesn't have a temp anymore. He is still very whiny. Runny nose,cough but also in discomfort from the lactulose starting to work. Horrible when he can't tell me why he's grizzling.

keelo123 Wed 17-Apr-13 22:55:54

My DD gad her mmr 2 days ago... She has turned into an extreme headache!!! She's taken to pulling out her own hair, head banging, spitting, slapping, punching, biting, the list seems endless!!! She was lovely before, so calm and loving! I've never seen temper tantrums so bitter before in the whole time I've had my childcare career, plus I have 2 other children! She won't even interact with anyone like she used to sad. I think I've disrupted her brain! I think she hates me sad! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now