Centre Parcs Longleat

(11 Posts)
SmallBee Mon 17-Mar-14 16:00:35

We are going away to centre parcs longleat for the weekend & I'm trying to work out was to take. I have a sneaky suspicion that their supermarket will be very pricey, does anyone know if there's a supermarket close by I can visit or am I better off bringing all the food I want with me?

febel Tue 18-Mar-14 18:11:40

I would suggest googling the supermarket chains and seeing which is nearest...from what I remember it is a little pricey there..

givemeaclue Wed 19-Mar-14 13:36:30

We took most of our own stuff. We just bought logs in the supermarket.

cestlavielife Wed 19-Mar-14 14:01:09

no more pricey than any local spar type shop .
take some basics with you

We ordered an Ocado shop and just loaded it straight into the car before we left.
And you can get the 'right' sort of logs in Superdrug for under �2, as opposed to their �5+

And take plenty of booze, the shop is only open until 4pm on Sundays so you're left buying from the delivery place, which is astronomical and awful.
<discovered far too late>

SmallBee Wed 19-Mar-14 14:09:57

Amazing thank you everyone smilefirst weekend away with our 5 month old DD so I'm planning/worrying like mad.

givemeaclue Wed 19-Mar-14 14:10:58

What are you worried about op?

SmallBee Wed 19-Mar-14 15:31:29

Oh nothing special, I just worry about everything. What if I don't pack enough/too much/the wrong stuff. I'm just a worrywart at the best of times.

I thought the shop was ok but the restaurants are super pricey. Have a good time.

givemeaclue Wed 19-Mar-14 18:49:52

If you don't want to be cooking so it is more of a break, take some nice ready meals. Cheaper than eating out and the restaurants aren't up to much anyway

PicaK Wed 19-Mar-14 20:36:07

The shop is great - waitrose prices really not lidl/aldi. Nice local meat and everything you need for a baby.

Love CP longleat. Always big queues for toilets on arrival though. Go down to entrance of the stsp and there are none for the toilet there. Or the strada folks let you in to use the loo if u ask nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now