Center Parcs Longleat - advise please

(17 Posts)
k8jones Mon 10-Mar-14 15:26:27

Hi all, we are heading to centre parks next week and have booked an exec 3 bed villa.
We are going with our 13 month old.
Just some advice of what to take?
We are planning on raiding the supermarket on the way up and booking two restaurant (we are planning on a babysitter) which ones would be the most romantic :-)
How warm is the pool? my little girl is a skinny monkey and shivers if its not warm even in her wetsuit!
Anyone recommend any activities for the 3 of us? We have booked bikes and a trailer.

Do they provide linen for the cot?
Anything else we should know?
Thanks in advance
Kate

<<bites tongue>>

wink

<<bites tongue>>

wink

k8jones Mon 10-Mar-14 15:56:30

? what do that mean!?

k8jones Mon 10-Mar-14 15:56:57

does I mean!

smartiepantsgirl Mon 10-Mar-14 16:05:06

We've been a couple of times. The pool is warm and designed for kids but maybe take an all in 1 swimsuit too if you're worried about her getting cold.

We ate out a couple of times, but tbh were quite happy to prepare food and eat in our lodge once the kids were in bed. We liked Ortega the tapas place, and Cafe Rouge is always reliable, if a bit pricey for what it is. I think they have a Strada there too? Perhaps none of them are particularly romantic, but the evening will be what you make of it I guess!

Activities wise it really depends how much you want to spend - we did hardly any as the kids were happy in the pool, on the bikes or at the playground. You can always decide when you get there.

Have fun.

Lukethe3 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:06:52

Just been there this weekend for the first time. We were lucky with the weather. Our skinny 5yo and not skinny 2 year old both got quite cold in the pools ( as did I). I'd definitely recommend a wetsuit or similar so you can stay in longer.
They provide a cot but no specific linen- we had to use a full size sheet and duvet. We chose to eat in- not impressed with the inflated prices and slow service at the restaurants.
Have fun.

Bumsex?

wink grin

'sobligatory, innit, Ferret?

They check your car for lube at the little kiosk when you arrive.

grin

I can ima\gine some spotty teenager sitting in his wooden kiosk sighing at all those without lube, sayibg "O K Y haven't you come prepared?"

or even saying 'oh KY you have come prepared'

I love you chaos. grin

I deliberated that, Ferret, but decided the h would spoli the effect.

Pizzed on moi chips...

Aww, dittoes.

wink

YetAnotherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Mar-14 23:15:28

Ahem. I hope the OP was able to glean the information she needed before this was hijacked. <shakes head>

Ach, YAHM, yuno it's the SP on these freds.

[innocentsmile]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now