Recommendations for Luxury Family Holiday UK

(5 Posts)
alison39 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:19:37

Can anyone help, we are looking to find a luxury family holiday, either spa hotel or 5 star self catering holiday cottage, in the UK during half term, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Location not really important. We have one 6 year old daughter, who likes spa hotels, well ok so do I!!

sparkles70 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:25:35

Not luxury or spa, but the Landmark Trust does absolutely fantastic self-catering holidays - you can stay in a castle or a manor house or a tower - all sorts of really unusual and quirky places. We've stayed in loads and our kids love them: www.landmarktrust.org.uk

HermioneWeasley Mon 10-Mar-14 14:26:17

Penny hill park is a lovely hotel and spa complex

k8jones Mon 10-Mar-14 15:38:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

loulou4 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:03:37

Carbis bay hotel had a new spa for 2014 - its lovely, although I'm not sure how luxurious the bedrooms are right now ... personally I'd book a 5* self catering apartment nearby and make good use of both hotel & self catering!
try owners direct or st ives tourism for a good selection of places to stay and although Carbis bay hotel do have luxury self catering apartments - you will find owners letting their own places (5* and 5* gold) for £500 - £800 a week less - which will pay for the spa treatments and more!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now