Holiday in the UK in April?

(9 Posts)
Epictantrum Sun 09-Mar-14 07:12:53

Have a look at New Park Manor (LFH) in new forest, which I much preferred to Ickworth. Or Bedruthan Steps in Cornwall is fantastic.

If budget isn't of immediate concern, have a look at Isles of Scilly to get away from it all and chance of good weather.

MadamePamplemousse Fri 28-Feb-14 20:55:10

We went to Polurrian Bay for Christmas (quite a new member of the Luxury group) and it was fabulous - only refurbished 18 months ago, cosy, luxurious and in a beautiful area of the country. Would recommend.

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Feb-14 20:54:59

We have booked a week at Crieff Hydro for similar reasons, recommended by MN.

Gorran Fri 28-Feb-14 20:52:32

And have also been to Calcot (which isn't a LFM) and liked it but was more pretentious than the others.

Gorran Fri 28-Feb-14 20:51:43

We've stayed at two of the LFM group hotels - Moonfleet Manor and Fowey Hall and would wholeheartedly recommend both. FH is the better of the two IMO but both are lovely. Also stayed at Watergate Bay recently which we liked but it felt a lot more ordinary than FH (both in Cornwall) though it did have amazing views.

whereohwhere Fri 28-Feb-14 20:42:45

Ooh thank you - I will check out!

Anyone else?

Creamycoolerwithcream Fri 28-Feb-14 20:08:11

Knoll House in Dorset is very good for families with young DC.

whereohwhere Fri 28-Feb-14 20:01:15

Hi everyone,

We're looking to go away in April for up to a week. We have 3 DC, aged 6, 4 and 2. Been through a rather stressful time lately for various reasons, so was hoping to go to a hotel that offers child-friendly activities and so on, so DH and I will have a bit of a break! Spa treatments, lunch together, that type of thing...

We've been to Babington House a few times and loved it (though last time felt the prices weren't quuuuite justified!) We would like to go somewhere new - but somewhere along those lines is what we're looking for!

I've read really mixed reviews of the Luxury Family Hotels group (Wooley Grange, Calcot Manor etc) so unsure. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now