Hotels devon/cornwall

(19 Posts)
holidayseeker Tue 11-Feb-14 14:04:17

We are not going abroad this year so looking at going to devon or cornwall as we love it down there.

We often just stay at a premier inn but as this is our only holiday this year I would like to go to a more luxurious hotel but not pay the earth.

Can anyone recommend any laces where they have stayed.

givemeaclue Tue 11-Feb-14 14:08:36

Are you taking the children?

holidayseeker Tue 11-Feb-14 14:21:49

Yes dds 8 and 6 will be coming

piratecat Tue 11-Feb-14 14:24:18

don't happen to live in London do you?

holidayseeker Tue 11-Feb-14 15:08:18

No we don't live in London.

piratecat Tue 11-Feb-14 16:10:12

ah ok. i live in Devon so just wonderedsmile

holidayseeker Tue 11-Feb-14 16:18:53

Is there any where you can recommend?

We normally stay at Torquay but would like somewhere different this time.

Have been looking at ilfracombe which dh says is lovely but also considering cornwall but a long way as we live near Sheffield so a long drive.

Creamycoolerwithcream Tue 11-Feb-14 16:52:56

Sands resort hotel in Cornwall is very nice and family friendly.

Gorran Sun 16-Feb-14 21:56:07

Watergate Bay Hotel and Fowey Hall Hotel, both Cornwall, both fab.

TootsBoots Mon 10-Mar-14 20:06:00

Was just going to say Sands - brilliant and perfect for kids.

MmeMorrible Mon 10-Mar-14 20:15:34

Does it have to be a hotel? DH and I both from the westcountry and have stayed in some lovely holiday cottages when visiting family. Much cheaper than luxury hotels and more space with the DCs.

Beer Farm is one of the places we have stayed more than once. It's near Okehampton in Devon and offers various sizes of high quality holiday lets on a working farm.

holidayseeker Thu 13-Mar-14 20:43:09

Thanks for the tips. I have looked at Watergate Bay but the only rooms they have available for our dates are too expensive.

I have looked at Sands resort and liked that so the recommendation are great.

It doesn't have to be a hotel, I've just looked at your link Mme Morrible but it said they no longer have self catering cottages as they have sold them but thanks for the link.

MmeMorrible Fri 14-Mar-14 12:45:29

Sorry about Beer Farm OP, I didn't realise they had sold up.

Heres another one I've used before. This also has an indoor pool and jacuzzi on site that you can use if you are renting one of the cottages.

North Hill

holidayseeker Fri 14-Mar-14 17:42:24

No problem mmemorrible, thanks for the new link I'll check it out

Jux Fri 14-Mar-14 18:13:15

Camping? Yurts?

Belindabelle Fri 14-Mar-14 19:50:31

Try Retallack.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Fri 14-Mar-14 19:51:53

Bedruthan Steps Hotel.

LUSH

holidayseeker Fri 14-Mar-14 20:17:21

thanks for the extra suggestions, is bedruthen steps close to newquay centre as my dh said last night he did not want to go to newquay as he thought stag dos and hen dos go there.

holidayseeker Fri 14-Mar-14 20:24:43

I have seen retallack but I am allergic to dogs so wary in case dogs will have used the lodge before us, I think i'll message them to see if they only have certain lodges for dogs thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now