Lyme Regis or nearby - sod it, I want to stay in a HOTEL.

(10 Posts)
namechangingishard Tue 14-May-13 21:48:39

We will have no money for about two years afterwards but I don't give a toss - I want to stay somewhere I don't have to clean the toilet and which doesn't have the word 'travel' or 'premier' in its name. Can anyone recommend me a reasonably cheap but reasonably nice family hotel somewhere around Lyme Regis?

joanofarchitrave Tue 14-May-13 22:20:11

bump - oops - so much for my name change

Nehru Tue 14-May-13 22:21:11

theres one of those family oneson the south coast
i cant remember its name luckily

Nehru Tue 14-May-13 22:23:17

oh god its like bedruthan stepts but not
Look at the travel pages on here

Nehru Tue 14-May-13 22:24:10
Mamuss Tue 14-May-13 22:24:51

Alexandra Hotel in Lyme is amazing and not stupidly priced smile

SvarteKatterogFlosshatter Tue 14-May-13 22:25:29

I really liked the Royal Lion Hotel in Lyme itself. I don't exactly know what it's like now, but there was a swimming pool, sauna and hot tub when i went there, maybe 5 years ago. It's right on the high street, about two minutes from the beach, and has good parking. I have very good memories of the place.

joanofarchitrave Tue 14-May-13 22:32:23

Yay! Although am now imagining sitting in a hot tub, on the high street. Not quite, I'm sure. [looks at links]

Oh dear, that's the trouble with camping for seven sodding years - my ideas on price are a bit out of whack. Thank you both though, they are amazing. We might well manage a couple of nights at the Royal Lion which would be fab smile

KimberlyCoast Fri 17-May-13 16:17:43

The Kersbrook is very nice too, and family run. The Bay Hotel is right on the front, and will soon disappear into second-home flats, but it's also good though probably a different price bracket. I haven't stayed at the Marinners, but they def have great food.

The full listings for Lyme are here: www.lymeregis.org/accommodation

tribpot Fri 17-May-13 16:21:42

The Royal Lion is great, we stayed there a number of years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now