Isle of Wight - self catering cottage/cabin or farm stay recommendations

(9 Posts)
hillbilly Wed 27-Mar-13 12:04:26

Thanks. We have booked a lovely beach hut near Ventnor. Right on the beach so hope weather improves!

eatyourveg Mon 25-Mar-13 21:44:41

we've stayed here they have a tennis court and lots of space to run around

lynniep Mon 25-Mar-13 14:28:03

we stayed in one of the cottages at www.appuldurcombe.co.uk/ a couple of years ago and the kids enjoyed it (particularly the playbarn!) Lots of space to run around.

triplets Thu 07-Mar-13 23:19:32

may I but in? I am looking for accom in Ventnor from Mon 27th May for 4 nights, sleep 5............thank you smile

Melissakitkat Thu 07-Mar-13 13:28:05

Check out the garlic farm - they have some lovely cottages to rent out x

hillbilly Thu 07-Mar-13 13:25:20

I think we would like to be somewhere quietish. I would like lots of outdoor/beach running around for the kids and a cottage or wooden cabin type property. I'll have a look at your recommendation thanks.

uggmum Thu 07-Mar-13 13:23:58

Blue chip holidays have some great properties on the iow. They have a great marinus apartment too.

uggmum Thu 07-Mar-13 13:21:11

I have family there and stay regularly. It really depends on where you want to be. I have stayed at www.gurnardmarsh.co.uk a few times and its been great. Right next to the sea.
I've also stayed in the centre of Cowes, google, marinus apartments. They are really lovely.
Ventnor is also a great place to stay.

hillbilly Thu 07-Mar-13 13:16:05

Does anyone have a personal recommendation? I originally looked at http://tomsecolodge.com/ but it is hugely expensive for 3 nights. We are looking to go the back end of Easter holidays for a few days and there is an inset day at school so we are able to stay Fri-Mon.

Coast or rural we don't mind, would def like outside space and possibly a BBQ.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now