To ask about Butlins...

(134 Posts)
bertiebassett Sat 25-Aug-12 17:47:28

I want to have a short break with just me and DS (aged 4) before he starts school. I noticed that Butlins have some good deals on first week in September...but....
Is Butlins (Skegness) ok? I'm a bit of a snob used to quite high standards...

Feel [embarrassed] to ask this really!!!

bertiebassett Sun 26-Aug-12 19:17:13

Well....I'm afraid I've changed my mind now....there were too many negative reviews!

I've booked Centre Parcs instead grin

reddaisy Sun 26-Aug-12 20:11:40

You will never regret not going to Butlins! Have fun at Centre Parcs.

giveitago Sun 26-Aug-12 20:30:23

OP - good for you - you will like it I'm sure.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 26-Aug-12 21:18:11

Hi there

As this isn't really an AIBU, we've moved it to the 'UK Travel' section.

Thanks
MNHQ

ShiftyFades Sun 26-Aug-12 22:17:12

Didn't use the crèche. Not something I'd be keen to do as DS is quite clingy and it's only work if I did settling in sessions I think. If I dumped and ran I'm pretty sure they'd be on the phone asking me to collect him wink

I admit do like centre parcs especially at 4 he be happy with pool and park , ( I do find Elverden better as is smaller )

pekapakou06 Sat 08-Dec-12 20:25:05

It's butlins fgs it's aimed at families, living in ghetto are you for real?

ive been to butlins and never had a issue with it my toddler would be bored at center parcs i think she loved butlins though plenty for her to do the accomadation was clean and the staff where friendly

matt645 Thu 31-Jan-13 16:01:43

It's ok but gold accommodation is a must IMO, avoid the canteens and eat in the bar and restaurants.

The kids love it and that is why you go in the first place isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now