Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Pretend play toys that actually work

(7 Posts)

I bought I really useful looking broom, brush and dustpan set from Smyths yesterday, it is an utterly un-gendered German brand whose name I forget. The whole thing was a fiver, and as I said to dd, means she won't have to do her sweeping with a pastry brush anymore.

alienbanana Sun 12-May-13 10:01:51

It would be great if there was a Hoover that really worked!

We've got the Ikea tea set - very popular with all visiting children

pizzaqueen Sun 12-May-13 09:55:34

Early Learning Centre has a blue polka dot tea set (£8) and a bright block coloured one (£8) my DS has one. They do other kitchen toys too with not too much pink and frills.

We have the toy Dyson which picks up with 'real' suction but he still prefers the real thing, and the batteries run out really quickly.

He also loves his tool box/bench to help daddy fix things.

PseudoBadger Sun 12-May-13 09:54:42

We have this tea set for DS, it's lovely.

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 12-May-13 09:50:46

ToysRUs do a good range - Just Like Home which is red, yellow & blue. DD has tea set, iron, microwave and cake set.

wind up torch from ikea - really lights up to look under the bed for lost stuff

Jojobump1986 Sun 12-May-13 09:35:12

DS1 (18m) is just beginning to get into the pretend play phase & loves feeling like he's helping around the house. He helped peel a carrot the other day & the look of joy on his face was priceless! I'm keen to get him some toys that really do things - hoovers that pick up little bits, that sort of thing. Any recommendations?

I'm also looking for a simple tea set that isn't hideously pink & battery operated! I'm perfectly happy for it to have some pink or be flowery, I just have an aversion to bright pink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now