Riding Hats

(4 Posts)

okay thank you, will google some shops near me.

Butkin Sun 14-Apr-13 18:24:25

As Callisto says for that age it is a choice between a Champion Skull and a Charles Owen skull for her. Go to a decent saddlers and try both on as they suit different shaped heads.

DD actually rides in a Champion Skull with velvet cover on a daily basis and wears Charles Owen show hats as they are probably the smartest but expensive.

Callisto Sat 13-Apr-13 22:32:32

Go to a reputable saddlers so you can get the hat fitted by someone who knows what they are doing. A youtube video just doesn't cut it imo and a badly fitting hat can be worse than no hat.

DD has a skull cap with a silk or velvet cover. Champion are a good make and fit her well and that is the make I have always bought her. I've got a Charles Owen skull cap, another good make and they seem to fit my head well.

Hi, my dd (5) has been having riding lessons since Jan and is getting on well. I am slowly sorting out riding clothes, I have some boots but am going to look at getting her a hat. I have looked at the fitting advice on you tube and I think that is fairly clear, but could you please recommend a type of hat/make etc as there are many many out there. I am a little confused with it all.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now