Anyone in Scottish Primary Education

(11 Posts)
pippitysqueakity Tue 04-Jun-13 20:08:12

Can you give me an example of interview questions recently? Not the answers, obv grin but just an idea of vaguely what I could be thinking about prior to my (gulp) 2 interviews coming up?
TIA.
PS, have recently had an interview, but am stuffed if can remember a single question! Next time will write down straight away.

pippitysqueakity Tue 04-Jun-13 21:40:27

bump?

Euphemia Wed 05-Jun-13 18:43:31

Guff about behaviour management.
Guff about contributing to the wider life of the school.
Guff about working as part of a team.
Guff about co-operative learning, or whichever latest initiative the particular council is all excited about just now.
AiFL, CfE, impact on teaching, learning, assessment, etc.
Meeting the needs of all pupils, GIRFEC.

Good luck with it! Which council area, if you don't mind me asking? smile

pippitysqueakity Wed 05-Jun-13 20:19:46

At risk of outing...Edinburgh.

There's just so much that it could be about. The trouble is, I KNOW I can teach and I know the theories, just maybe not so hot on the new jargon, which I know they will have to hear to tick the boxes...Sigh, not hopeful really.

Euphemia Wed 05-Jun-13 21:14:53

The important thing is to back the jargon up with real examples, eg "I use AiFL techniques in the classroom, for example fist of five, to gauge the children's understanding. When I used this method last week I noticed that many of the children were not confident in their ability to do x, so I did blah blah blah to help them progress."

Have a read of the TES Scotland Primary forum, where people discuss current issues, job applications, etc.

pippitysqueakity Wed 05-Jun-13 23:06:08

Euphemia you are a star.
Thank you.
Please keep fingers etc crossed for me tomorrow, (and Friday)

Euphemia Wed 05-Jun-13 23:34:30

Will do! It took me four years post-qualification to get a permanent job - I feel your pain!

Mushaboom Wed 05-Jun-13 23:38:40

I was asked a few weeks ago what excellence looks like in a school. Have to admit I was a bit stumped! The journey to excellence website is quite good, I was glad I'd had a quick browse of that beforehand. Absolutely agree with backing up any jargon with examples of what you've done. I ensured I did this for everything and they were very pleased with it.

Good luck!!

Mushaboom Wed 05-Jun-13 23:43:05

Forgot to say, active learning/active assessment, building positive relationships with pupils and celebrating individual successes were also things I felt I spoke a lot about. I tried to make sure that throughout the interview I had mentioned each of the 7 principles, just to make sure that box was ticked!

Let us know how you get on!

pippitysqueakity Thu 06-Jun-13 22:36:45

Well, didn't get the one today.
Not feeling v hopeful about tomorrow now,
will have a think about the excellence question Mush, thanks.

Euphemia Thu 06-Jun-13 22:59:20

Sorry to hear that. sad

Do you have a feel for why? Is it something within your control eg how you answered a question?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now