When should I resign?

(4 Posts)
LizzieVereker Fri 22-Mar-13 17:04:31

I am a secondary school teacher, and have been offered a new job which starts on 1st of September 2013. I have received the offer letter which contains confirmation of salary, start date etc. My new school will have received my references which I know are fine. I have to fill in the CRB check form thing and medical questionnaire (these will also be fine.)

My current school are pressing me for my resignation letter, I think so that they can recruit to replace me, but they haven't said this outright. Technically I don't have to resign until May 31st, and don't want to be obstructive, but equally don't want to end up in a difficult position (I.e. jobless!)

So,my question is, is it "safe" to resign on the basis of my offer letter, or should I wait to receive a contract?

MaBumble Fri 22-Mar-13 17:07:26

don't resign until you have received the contract letter, unless you are planning to leave anyway.

GW297 Sat 23-Mar-13 00:29:02

Ring up the new school and ask if you can pop in and sign your new contract ASAP. Then resign the next day.

LizzieVereker Sat 23-Mar-13 11:14:07

Thank you both for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now