Want a career change

(7 Posts)
Empross76 Wed 30-Jan-13 17:27:58

I'm a part time teacher at a primary school. I have two DC's aged 5 and 2.
I hate my job and feel very dissatisfied with teaching and my role within the school. I find it stressful and too much now that I have a family. I want out.
But... I get paid well for 2.5 days per week, l have the holidays off. We can't afford for me to not work or earn any less.
Has anybody got any ideas for a well paid, part time job with the holidays off?! I'm sure I'm looking for the impossible, sadly, but so tired of feeling trapped in a job that's making me unhappy!
Thanks.

Arisbottle Wed 30-Jan-13 20:06:09

You might get a well paid part time job , a part time job with holidays free. I think outside teaching you are going to struggle to get well paid, part time and free holidays .

Cheddars Wed 30-Jan-13 20:12:00

Tutoring? Build up your client base before handing your notice in so there's no gap.

Empross76 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:14:18

Cheddars - I'd thought about that as I think tutoring one-to-one might focus on the teaching, which I do still enjoy, rather than all the shite that comes with it!
Do you know if tutoring is likely to be within school hours? I thought it would be more likely to be after school/evenings. Although I haven't checked it out.

Arisbottle Wed 30-Jan-13 21:17:30

Tutoring will have to be after school, but it can be hours that suit you .

Arisbottle Wed 30-Jan-13 21:17:44

Or weekends and holidays

doodledoodoo Wed 30-Jan-13 21:21:40

I think you might be looking for the Holy Grail...

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now