Kate Cambridge live birth thread

(554 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 12:00:53

"Ooh twinges....could this be it?"

I wish. Think I must be a closet royalist as I am rathrr excited about this impending birth. Anyone want to keep watch with me?

Probably, most people do. I knew I had with dc1 and was fairly confident that I hadn't with dc2. This topic came up with DH a few weeks ago who informed me that was sadly not the case sad

I really don't wonder if she pooped! grin

MortifiedAdams Wed 24-Jul-13 21:08:51

I wonder if she pooped?

grin

Also, talking of the other (slightly less important wink) birth this week, I was right about the name grin

Hulababy Wed 24-Jul-13 14:42:47

We're going to see them tomorrow and Friday, just booked hotel to stay over. DD is beyond excited!

That's lovely, Hula smile my sister was 10 when DS arrived and has always loved showing him (and his sister) off to her friends grin

ZingWidge Tue 23-Jul-13 22:10:32

well if 60 is the neq middle age, then 30 isxthe new young!grin

Hulababy Tue 23-Jul-13 17:26:32

Thank you smile His big cousin, my 11y DD, is so excited texting his photo to all her school mates! Think he has several 11y girls cooing over him and he is less than a day old! She's forgotten all about the royal baby now our own boy is here.

Aww, congratulations to Aunty Hula grinthanks

Hulababy Tue 23-Jul-13 16:27:13

I mentioned earlier about my sister expecting a baby boy around same time. Well - we have our own special baby news here, though no big easel to announce it on - baby boy born at 1:59am this morning smile Proud auntie here smile

RoseFlowerFairy Tue 23-Jul-13 08:38:57

He was a mighty size anyways, easy to handle.

I would have though New Mum a more appropriate description than Young Mum to describe Kate. I had a look online Diana was 20 when she Had William, Kate is 31, so 11 years not 12 years older than Diana I thought Kate was 32 .

NomDeClavier Mon 22-Jul-13 23:03:34

I had no bump with DS and he weighed in the same. She's tall so plenty of space for baby to grow up rather than out.

mummyplonk Mon 22-Jul-13 23:02:32

I wonder if they will let the baby leave hospital without Wills having to lug a Car seat up to show the midwives? grin

Snazzyenjoyingsummer Mon 22-Jul-13 22:57:43

Anyone watching the special on BBC1?

They've just said William the Conqueror was 'one of our most popular kings'. Really? What data do they have to support that, I wonder?

crown crowncrown

I was a young mum at 19 with ds1. Compared to his friends parents I'm still a young mum. I hit average mum with ds2 (my third).

I think when they say 'young mum' they just mean inexperienced.

Chubfuddler Mon 22-Jul-13 22:38:23

She's older than that I'm sure.

Ooh lightning.

ZingWidge Mon 22-Jul-13 22:38:15

and I'm not even English! grin

Reese Witherspoon is 37?? shock

Up'd the ante there Zing. grin Very good!

ZingWidge Mon 22-Jul-13 22:32:54

or Bill's baby born before BBC begin broadcasting birth

KateMiddletonsMum Mon 22-Jul-13 22:30:59

'We are a grandfather'?

Zynzong Mon 22-Jul-13 22:25:37

what did Charles say then??

Stealth surely it's Bill's baby boy born!?!

Snazzyenjoyingsummer Mon 22-Jul-13 21:55:26

Rose that's what DH said they meant by it. I just thought it was badly put though. hmm crown

RoseFlowerFairy Mon 22-Jul-13 21:54:35

Out of the mouth of babes! My child stayed up for this historic event and as bed loomed, the question "How can someone so skinny with no bump or bum have had such a huge baby?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now