Girls and succession to the throne

(12 Posts)
scarevola Sat 22-Oct-11 09:15:22

I know there was a thread about this recently, but I couldn't find it in the likely subject forums.

BBC is reporting today that this has been stitched up at CHOGM, so we can expect it to go ahead.

scarevola Sun 23-Oct-11 09:16:20

Here's some news reporting on this.

I'll add the upshot of this idc, if it emerges as expected.

StitchingMoss Sun 23-Oct-11 09:30:49

It would be better if none of them succeeded to the throne and we had a democratic election instead of course.

Butkin Tue 25-Oct-11 18:38:08

Good thing in the modern era and will make the sex of William and Kate's first child very interesting indeed.

Abcinthia Tue 25-Oct-11 18:42:23

Good to hear.

meditrina Fri 28-Oct-11 07:06:43

This is the top story on BBC Breakfast this morning.

They show a clip of the Queen indicating her support in her opening speech (she has apparently been making her support known for some weeks).

DC is indicating that changes to British legislation will be brought forward next session, and will also remove the bar to Catholics .

meditrina Fri 28-Oct-11 11:52:07
meditrina Fri 28-Oct-11 12:05:33
meditrina Fri 28-Oct-11 15:33:33

And now one in Feminism and Women's rights. There's one in Chat too, which I won't link, as it'll expire.

Surely this is every possibility covered now!

QueenEdith Mon 04-Jun-12 18:15:37

I noticed this amongst the any, many AIBU Jubilee threads and thought it would be worth adding here.

Does anyone know why so much time has passed without any legislation being brought forward? Or when they expect such legislation will be ready?

AuntieStella Fri 17-Jan-14 22:05:07

Yes, I know this is a zombie thread.

But have they acted on these good intentions and actually changed the law?

meditrina Fri 09-May-14 22:11:15

Is this Government going to have enough time left to actually get the legislation done? There's only a year now until the end of this parliament.

Anyone know if there is an expected time when the words will be turned into action?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now