who wants to speculate on willkat's first child's name?

(202 Posts)
darleneconnor Wed 17-Nov-10 11:20:53

I know they've only just got engaged but an heir and a spare will be on their way soon enough.
My first thoughts are:
George/ georgia
Arthur
Alexandra
Edward
Elizabeth
Matilda
Jane
Victoria
Diana
James

mathanxiety Tue 04-Dec-12 14:36:43

Mu1berries -- There has been at least one Caroline before, in the Georgian era. Wilhelmina Charlotte Caroline of Brandenburg-Ansbach, wife of George II, known as Caroline.

Absy Tue 04-Dec-12 14:36:55

Spudulike (girl)
Frogmella (boy)

Mu1berries Tue 04-Dec-12 14:37:54

oh good! i'd like to see Kate 'allowed' to consider her own family. I think she NEEDS to, to avoid accusations of being a womb with naice hair hmm re comments on other thread.

PuffPants Tue 04-Dec-12 17:23:26

King John! I'd love for the royals to take a punt on John again - its been a while since the Magna Carta.

badtime Tue 04-Dec-12 17:30:30

I think they should go for Stephen (II) or Richard (IV) for a boy. Haven't been any of them for a while.

mathanxiety Tue 04-Dec-12 17:32:13

There was a prince John fairly recently. He was a brother of George VI (born Albert). He had epilepsy and was kept out of sight sad in his own little house with his own household household during his childhood sad sad. He died in his early teens.

ReshapeWhileDashingThroTheSnow Tue 04-Dec-12 18:07:38

Oh, I remember seeing this very good Poliakoff drama about Prince John. sad

I don't think we can expect anything radical. My money would be on Alice for a girl and George or Arthur for a boy.

CheerfulYank Tue 04-Dec-12 18:09:57

Caroline is lovely! I vote for Caroline Elizabeth Diana Mary smile

PuffPants Tue 04-Dec-12 18:11:08

I don't know. I reckon William fancies himself as a bit of a reformer. We might get a name from way back or something brand new.

Bue Tue 04-Dec-12 18:22:21

I think, 'What would Kate name her baby if she were married to a London investment banker and still lived in the HC?', then I add in the royal constraints and go from there.

For a girl I think Alice Elizabeth Caroline Diana. Caroline has precedent and it can stand in for Carole, which let's face it, isn't very royal.

I'm more stuck on boys, since there are more monarchical names to choose from. Possibly George, Arthur or Albert. Kate seems like she might have an Edward if she were married to the investment banker, but I'm not sure if Prince Edward would preclude that.

mumzy Tue 04-Dec-12 18:29:35

Do Will and Kate get a free choice or is there some royal protocol they have to follow regarding the naming of a future monarch? I quite fancy Tyler-Shay for a boy and Tyger-Mai for a girl.

Surely it would have to be Elizabeth Diana for a girl? I expect the name Elizabeth has been reserved for William.

mumsywoo78 Tue 04-Dec-12 20:23:34

oliver (cromwell)
olivia

Merrin Tue 04-Dec-12 20:26:45

Elizabeth Georgiana Frances Mary Anne

Henry Phillip Charles Arthur John

LDNmummy Tue 04-Dec-12 20:27:53

Philip and/or Charles

Diana and/or Elizabeth

^I'm finding this rather difficult, I'm due in June, so as she's supposedily only 2 months gone, I'll have this DC a month before Kate has her's. Whatever she picks will shoot to the top of the baby name lists, if I accidently get the smae name it's likely there'll be 2-3 of the same named DC in their class. And they'll have a lifetime of "yes, like Prince/Princess X, no I wasn't named after them, I'm actually older."

<overthinking>

I hope she goes with Alice or Arthur, neither work with our surname. She can have those.^

This actually happened to me! A few months after I was born, Princess Margaret nicked my name to name her daughter. There were always at least 2 of us in every class and sometimes 3. In her wisdom, my mother decided that my middle name should be the same as my godmother's, ie Elizabeth ( and no the Queen is not my Godmother) which leaves people thinking my family were far more royalist that was actually the case!

LegArmpits Tue 04-Dec-12 20:46:01

Colin.

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Tue 04-Dec-12 21:30:21

Batman. For a boy or a girl.

Coconutter Tue 04-Dec-12 21:42:53

Alice Elizabeth Diana Caroline Margaret
Louis Charles Henry Michael

Coconutter Tue 04-Dec-12 21:43:59

Or Bob / Sharon.

lisalisa Tue 04-Dec-12 22:09:50

I thikn she will go for Thomas.

PhylisStein Tue 04-Dec-12 22:48:53

KONG - if its a boy

MrsEdinburgh Tue 04-Dec-12 23:05:58

Anastasia & Alexandra
or Amelia
Perhaps Georgina, Olga or Charlotte in there somewhere as middle names.

Boys names I'm guessing Peter, George, Ivan, Alexander or Louis.

yulebrynner Wed 05-Dec-12 00:10:39

Arthur or
Elizabeth

TuftyFinch Wed 05-Dec-12 00:13:13

Terry.
Or June.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now