Does anyone else have a cat that will eat absolutely anything?

(14 Posts)
chinley Wed 02-Oct-13 14:11:30

I have two; one is quite picky but the other one... He will eat anything and everything! Beans on toast, sherry trifle, eggs, crisps, lemon soufflé, cheese strings, crabsticks, croissants and any meal I cook I have to share! I have yet to find anything he won't eat!

Anyone else have a greedy pig of a cat? grin

Yes.

Last night he was trying to steal green beans and yogurt from dc, and he goes crazy for Marmite(!) hmm

He has a sensitive stomach so I generally discourage him and send him back to his bowl of expensive cat biscuits.

I swear he thinks he's either a dog or a human...

chinley Wed 02-Oct-13 15:43:47

Oh yes, yoghurt and marmite are 2 of his favourites! He waa eating tandoori chicken the other night as well. hmm

Yes, her absolute favourite is mushrooms.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 02-Oct-13 18:06:37

One of my childhood cats would eat curry, I swear a rogon josh had his eyes brimming with tears. He was rather portly.

Yes, she is such a little piggy.

She really likes crisps and bread, but she will eat anything.

Manchesterhistorygirl Wed 02-Oct-13 21:00:01

I have a dog cat too. He's my little shadow and eats everything and anything!

bsc Wed 02-Oct-13 21:11:49

We had a cat that thought she was human. Ate cheese, raisins, loved scones especially, pasta bolognaise, cheesy pasta, mini cheddars, luckily she had a cast-iron constitution; she lived to 23!

Hassled Wed 02-Oct-13 21:15:29

Blimey - I wish mine would eat anything. Mine are insanely fussy - and I pander to their fussiness. It's tragic, really.

Evil Cat will eat anything...with the exception of actual cat food. She will only eat either Asda's own brand or Sainsbury's own brand (which leads me to believe they are actually from the same factory!)

Human food however, loves crisps - the tangier the better. She can hear a crisp packet rustle from 1000 feet. Popcorn, not worth the hassle of eating it as she takes it from your hand as you're putting it in your mouth. She has also just discovered left-over apple and peach baby porridge hmm

issey6cats Wed 02-Oct-13 21:20:30

yep my half siamese will not only eat anything that looks remotely edible he will try to snatch it out of your hands to get to it

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 02-Oct-13 21:21:54

I have two fussy Maine Coons and one "scoffs everything" mog. She will eat anything. She has a particular penchant for icing. She also eats curry, chilli, vegetables, etc.

All the cats like Marmite though. What's that about?

hoarseoldfrog Wed 02-Oct-13 21:21:57

Slugs, bread and pasties...

GemmaTeller Wed 02-Oct-13 21:37:57

My previous cat also did the 'trying to get food from your hand en route to your mouth' thing, my son thought it was hilarious.
She used to love peas, maltesers, any flavour crisps, custard, mash, any meal we had with meat in it.

Current boy cat can be in the garden and hear the plastic lid being 'cracked' off a carton of cream in the kitchen and scoots in at such high speed he skids to a halt.
He's also been known to try and get a bone off the boxer dog hmm

My older sister who I don't see much, told me at christmas 'you should never ever give cats chicken' ...errrrr, fat old cat is 18 and again we pretty much let her eat what she fancies so I'm not going to stop now.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now