health advice-does this need a vet?

(5 Posts)
cozietoesie Thu 03-Oct-13 08:40:49

PS - in light also of his chewing and tooth clicking this morning, I suspect that what you need for him is a MOT and full service eg (where not already done)

full health check including dental check
vaccination
flea and worm treatment
microchipping
neutering

See the vet and discuss it with them.

And maybe have a think also about pet insurance particularly, as he goes outside, in case he gets into a scrap with a car.

cozietoesie Thu 03-Oct-13 08:30:00

I'd get him to the vet directly. It sounds to me as if he's got a dose of cat flu - which is a nasty beast and not at all just like a bad cold. He should have been vaccinated against the main threats long ago in any case. (And while you're there, get him microchipped, particularly as he goes outside.)

Best of luck with him.

Oh - and by the way. Is he neutered?

liveinazoo Thu 03-Oct-13 07:30:25

he is 2.isnt vaccinated but has not got runny nose/weepy eyes etc

he sat arm sofa this morning after his breakfast doing a "chewing" motion and I could hear an odd click/grind noisesad

he has absolutely no road sense<car comes freezes with terror in road.thankful we live on a quiet street and he doesn't stray far>

could he have been hit by a car?

cozietoesie Wed 02-Oct-13 13:30:15

How old is he? And was he vaccinated for cat flu? (Your reference to the snot.)

liveinazoo Wed 02-Oct-13 12:19:37

one of "my boys" shakes his head a lot and when he does slobber/snot flies around
he is well in himself doing all his normal catty things.i couldn't tell you if he has always done this but ive noticed it recently<last few weeks> when he has sat on my lap and ive been splatteredsad

he is not fond of the vets and I just wondered if anyone has any advice-should I be worried?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now